Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Celtic fans are absolutely buzzing!

That’s nice!

Pleased for him.... Good lad.... Top pro.... He's worked hard for it and will continue to grow.

I expect him to be a starter for a prem club before he winds his career down.

Last edited:
I hope people give Spence time.

He’s a young kid, learning his trade. It was the recruitment team’s decision to go for potential rather than experience.

He’s going to fuck up. But hopefully he proves to be an exciting prospect.

AG's problem is likely to be that he's always a day behind events - its just he gets briefed by Spurs on what was true last night, although a transfer may have moved on since then.

Best to wait for the announcement on OS though

He must have his own contacts being a journalist for a while now, I doubt he is just a repeater of the club

I can’t stand that cunt. He literally has no sources and the other day he copied some reporters exclusive word for word and said it was his.

He’s an ITK in the same vein as Hercules.
He's been spot on several times. Perisic and Forster are two examples. Ahe's announced several other signings before anyone else has.

Yes, apart from being an Woolwich supporter and possible sexual assaulter.

"Exact profile"

Arse supporter: Who cares..... He's either a pro or he isn't...... Young lads with French / African heritage from a certain era grew up as Woolwich fans... It is what it is.

Legal troubles: Sigh.... I can't caveat every single post.... We all know the score on that front.

I’m not sure Inter know themselves what the fuck they’re up to

Seem to want to buy all manner of stuff without much clue who they will have to, want to shift

I guess we’re hoping when the musical chairs are over there’s no place for bastoni

Inter know they are going to need to sell one or more of their most prized players - but they don't yet know how much each can be sold for, and how much they need to pay for a replacement player who isn't too much of a step down, buy they hope to by the end of the window, and hopefully before then.

When the music stops, Inter need to decide who (or probably which players - plural) to sell - whether that's Bastoni or Martinez or any of their other players and which are the best option to buy who don't look too much of a step down so as to show a cash profit in the window and a reduction in wages for the squad.

And I think Spurs hope the players they sell are ones e want to buy and that we can get them. Ideally Bastoni but if he's not sold I'm sure we'd be happy with (say) Martinez if he's a player selected by Inter to be sacrificed.

But atm, Inter seem to be trying to pin down a range of players they can get an affordable price for them, and hence the seemingly random moves they are currently making in transfer window.

He must have his own contacts being a journalist for a while now, I doubt he is just a repeater of the club

True but he is very dependent on having the best relations with the club so as to get best information available - he's not like a journalist for a national paper who can be on decent terms with all PL clubs, he's very much focussed on one club, Spurs.

Yes, apart from being an Woolwich supporter and possible sexual assaulter.
Is he really? Makes this moment even better then

y3b3hgq8lfw21.gif

I was a bit surprised that Pau Torres is ranked as the 5th fast player in La Liga this season. Sofifa.com really need to update their Torres rankings.

5. Pau Torres – 34.93km/h

Surprisingly, it’s a centre-back who starts off this list in Pau Torres.

The 23-year-old has established himself in the Villarreal line-up after spending last season on loan at Malaga. He’s started in 23 of the club’s 27 games, adding a goal and assist to his tally.

Torres’ induction into the first-team coincides with Villarreal’s improved performances. The Yellow Submarine is up in ninth-place in La Liga, already just six points adrift from last season’s haul.

The 6 ft 3 in defender is also quick on his feet and has even caught the interest of Manchester City.

Like Zaha, Badiashile, Koulibaly, Milenkovic, Kim Min-Jae, James Ward-Prowse, Dries Mertens and a few others in the past t and present, McKennie is turning into a Spurs transfer window legend who will "haunt" Spurs fans every transfer window.

You really do read way too much junk social media...... Half these guys you bang on about have had next to no mainstream attention/traction.

Inter know they are going to need to sell one or more of their most prized players - but they don't yet know how much each can be sold for, and how much they need to pay for a replacement player who isn't too much of a step down, buy they hope to by the end of the window, and hopefully before then.

When the music stops, Inter need to decide who (or probably which players - plural) to sell - whether that's Bastoni or Martinez or any of their other players and which are the best option to buy who don't look too much of a step down so as to show a cash profit in the window and a reduction in wages for the squad.

And I think Spurs hope the players they sell are ones e want to buy and that we can get them. Ideally Bastoni but if he's not sold I'm sure we'd be happy with (say) Martinez if he's a player selected by Inter to be sacrificed.

But atm, Inter seem to be trying to pin down a range of players they can get an affordable price for them, and hence the seemingly random moves they are currently making in transfer window.
I think every spurs fan’s nightmare is it being dragged out until the very last moments of the transfer window …. Mind you it might be Daniels wet dream

I hope they figure this asap so we either purchase bastoni or we can’t, allowing us time for an alternative

Back
Top Bottom