Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

d21184e8b350aec6a835214bd684c672be004757.jpg

Perhaps what you mean in this instance is different to what the phrases typically implies, but I hate the idea of us just "spamming crosses"....... Same reason why I was put off Kositc.
I'm not sure what you take issue with?

He'd be different from Sess because Sess likes to get right up to the byline, or even get into the box before delivering a cross or a cutback. He relies on pace and physicality to get to long balls from the CBs ahead of the oppostion FB. Even getting into scoring positions.

McNeil would not try to dribble past people or get all the way to the byline, but instead hang back a bit and deliver early crosses into the box or a through ball to Son. Could see Bastoni or Davies make runs beyond him and receive a through ball from him somewhere near the oppo box.

Clear?

Last season was poor, but he was better before that.

2021 2g + 5a
2020 2g + 6a
2019 3g + 5a

From watching him play, I did notice that he's a bit like Regui in front of goal, so I wouldn't expect him to score loads for us.

What I remember of him is that he'd often be isolated, hugging the left touchline, and if the ball broke to him he'd have to carry it forward on his own 2v1, or 3v1 without any support and try to get a cross away. Often he'd run out of puff after getting past the first 2.

For a modest fee he could be another Trippier type signing.
Got to looking at guys like this and Spence for homegrown spots. If we want a bigger squad we need them.

I'm not sure what you take issue with?

He'd be different from Sess because Sess likes to get right up to the byline, or even get into the box before delivering a cross or a cutback. He relies on pace and physicality to get to long balls from the CBs ahead of the oppostion FB. Even getting into scoring positions.

McNeil would not try to dribble past people or get all the way to the byline, but instead hang back a bit and deliver early crosses into the box or a through ball to Son. Could see Bastoni or Davies make runs beyond him and receive a through ball from him somewhere near the oppo box.

Clear?

Clear enough.....

To "spam crosses" to me just suggests 1970's winger-ball.... Low % getting it in the mixer vibes.

McNeill is decent but totally unnecessary
Disagree. For 10-12m he could be a potential hidden gem. With Sess being one stiff breeze away from injury, he could do a job for us in an emergency.

Trippier and Davies were bought for like 5/10m as backups, but they developed here to become starters.

Spurs are going to ruin our whole summer if they do business early.

What are we going to do all that time and on deadline day? Will SC need to fold up shop without a full summer of donations fueled by the ITK's?

Spurs are going to ruin our whole summer if they do business early.

What are we going to do all that time and on deadline day? Will SC need to fold up shop without a full summer of donations fueled by the ITK's?
The gooners will still be there to laugh at

Back
Top Bottom