Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Levy is exactly where he wants to be.
He has a coach who isn't whinging to the media that he wants A, B and C and/or doesn't rate X, Y and Z.
He's no doubt hated every window since 2019 having to back Poch, Mourinho and Conte. Now he's back to where he wants to he, dithering, delaying, hiding and palming off some shit at the death.

Watch it happen.

Watch dick heads try to justify it.

If it’s €50m and they are sure this is their top target, that’s not even high for top 6 prem club to pay for their top CB target

Of course not but this is Levy and ENIC, haggle and haggle even if it means missing out on a player that could make a real difference.

They'd rather pay less for someone inferior just so they can say a position has been filled.

When it comes to Spurs, only the mediocre will do.

He is absolutely not for sale, no way, don’t even think about it.
Unless you offer a bit more of course. In that case …

I am at the point where I think with how Ange wants to set up and play we just need to do it, we badly need 2 good CB’s

Kane is gone, he either leaves now for money or next summer for free. Thankfully we have a squad brimming with attacking talent that looks a good fit for Ange, it will be hard losing Kane but not deadly.

We cannot however go into this season playing high line high attack football with that defence. I’d rather buy 2 elite CB’s for £50m a piece and stop 20 goals and build the team that way.

The club really should be able to get the CB’s without Kane money but we know that may not be the case. Point is we need to make moves now, the season start isn’t even that far away.

This weekend needs to be a busy one with outs and ins , get the Kane situation sorted and move on.

And

Rick Morty Reaction GIF

In a summer when our new manager wanted 2 top-class CBs and one before the pre-season tour, and we have between 8-10 players we already knew we needed to sell....

Daniel Levy decided to go on the fucking tour with the team and put a halt to any transfer business. This club is sadly all about him. Even when he might get something right by appointing Ange, he can't resist the urge to be center of attention and stay in control.

As long as he's involved any success will be an uphill battle.
He doesn't have Levy's respect, Ange is unlikely to kick up a fuss, so Levy figures it's ok to do his usual shtick.

a club that makes as much money as we do, that has as much FFP breathing room as we do, buying Tapsoba wouldnt be an issue at all considering what's been spent so far in the window.
Unfortunately we run such a tight ship as if we're in danger of going bust every season that i can't see us spending the 45 million pounds or more it would take to getting him.
Only if Kane is sold will we spend big of course:levystare:

frustrating club, but as another poster said at least Ange knows already what this place is like. No fake lies or false dawns as was fed to Conte. Big club, small mentality

Wonder what the excuses will be if we don't bring a couple of new CBs in before the window closes ?

I'm hoping for some creative submissions

Levy is exactly where he wants to be.
He has a coach who isn't whinging to the media that he wants A, B and C and/or doesn't rate X, Y and Z.
He's no doubt hated every window since 2019 having to back Poch, Mourinho and Conte. Now he's back to where he wants to he, dithering, delaying, hiding and palming off some shit at the death.

Watch it happen.

Watch dick heads try to justify it.

I hope and think you are wrong but I am prepared to concede you might be right.

It would be a recipe for mediocrity at best.

Incoming...

2022-cameron-carter-vickers-celtic-769999896.jpg

You can almost hear our PR department loading the cassette and firing up their ZX Spectrums before bashing out two hundred words of utter tosh about him coming home.

:ange-bored:
It'll be Tosin + either CCV or Lenglet...and that kid from Blackburn whom we'll loan straight back out.

We'll be told it was a tricky summer, lots of moving parts, the Saudis disrupting the market, selling clubs reneging on agreed fees, agents being difficult...la di da di da.

We're leaving a pathway for Alfie Dorrington. Ange loves him.
Very good point , one that will no doubt be ignored by the toxic liars and misery hounds

One also has to consider our status as green club of the year , it would not be seemly for us to be shipping a bunch of CBs over to the country by plane , we've got our carbon emissions to think about

And ofcourse , we'll still be feeling the after effects of the covid pandemic you know

Back
Top Bottom