Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
It'll be Tosin + either CCV or Lenglet...and that kid from Blackburn whom we'll loan straight back out.

We'll be told it was a tricky summer, lots of moving parts, the Saudis disrupting the market, selling clubs reneging on agreed fees, agents being difficult...la di da di da.
"Saudis disrupting the market" will be the new FFP, an excuse which completely derails us but doesn't seem to affect other clubs.

Fully expect the squad to be trimmed when club comes back from tour Ange will have a better idea of who he prefers now.

We need to get a move on.
If you genuinely think Ange had to wait for the Aussie tour to know his squad, then you don't know much about football, my friend.

By the time he got his first interview with the powers that be, he already knew pretty precisely who he trusted & who he wanted gone. Managers do their homework about a club they wanna join.

That's just a lame excuse for the very meh window we've had so far.

Either that or we're panic after possibly a poor start and pay ridicoulosly over the odds for someone like Kilman on deadline day.
We need to get someone in soon, I'd have hoped we had at least one CB in before this pre-season tour, whoever it is will need to forge a partnership with Romero with Ange's system, so it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

He was part of the problem last season with us leaking so many goals, I'd prefer if we got someone else in instead but I just have the inclination that we're going to sign him, he's relatively cheap.
I mean, even playing an Asian pub side it was clear that we’re gonna be vulnerable to balls over the top if the opposition have a striker with pace. That’s why VDV is a no brainer for me. To have that recovery pace when we’re playing the way we are is gonna be like a warm safety blanket.

Lenglet would just be another one so vulnerable to the longer balls.

Last edited:
Brilliant position to take. Journalists report now for the sake of reporting. Hence why we have a billion reports from Germany how Bayern have the cash to buy Kane.

It's getting so bad ... It's like they're becoming trf cheerleaders (rather than journalists).... Just wishing things along as the saga is all gravy to them.

Had some German guy on TS talking about the Kane saga for what felt like 15mins yday..... but it was all just hollow musing triggered by BM being keen, pro-BL & BM waffle about how good for the league it would be and why they should make sure they they get him as cheap as possible.

Nothing of insight or substance..... Yet cunts get paid for that shit!

If you genuinely think Ange had to wait for the Aussie tour to know his squad, then you don't know much about football, my friend.

By the time he got his first interview with the powers that be, he already knew pretty precisely who he trusted & who he wanted gone. Managers do their homework about a club they wanna join.

That's just a lame excuse for the very meh window we've had so far.

Prove it.

Oh wait, you can't. Because you've made that up based on fuck all.

Sit down and shut up.

I mean, even playing ab Asian pub side it was clear that we’re gonna be vulnerable to balls over the top if the oppostiion have a striker with pace. That’s why VDV is a no brainer for me. To have that recovery pace when we’re playing the way we are is gonna be like a warm safety blanket.

Lenglet would just be another one so vulnerable to the longer balls.
Agree completely we need pacy CBs, Dier & Davies will get chewed up if we play this high defensive line against even the lesser PL clubs. The West ham goal when the player was clean through will become a regular occurance. It seems like everyone can see the problem except the people who are in charge of purchasing players.

If it’s €50m and they are sure this is their top target, that’s not even high for top 6 prem club to pay for their top CB target
Unfortunately the journalist just pulled that figure out of their arse. It's all based off Rolfes saying "not under normal circumstances! It's clear that there will always be limits at some point" to then the journalist guesses that fee could be over 50m euros.

Also, Daily Hotspur are making out this is some new news, but the article came out a few days ago.

I am at the point where I think with how Ange wants to set up and play we just need to do it, we badly need 2 good CB’s

Kane is gone, he either leaves now for money or next summer for free. Thankfully we have a squad brimming with attacking talent that looks a good fit for Ange, it will be hard losing Kane but not deadly.

We cannot however go into this season playing high line high attack football with that defence. I’d rather buy 2 elite CB’s for £50m a piece and stop 20 goals and build the team that way.

The club really should be able to get the CB’s without Kane money but we know that may not be the case. Point is we need to make moves now, the season start isn’t even that far away.

"Elite" CBs no longer cost 50m and won't be interested in signing for the current iteration of Spurs anyway.

Good with potential for growth is the most we can currently expect to attract.... Hence our current targets..... And they'll still prob clock up north of 80m for the pair.

Prove it.

Oh wait, you can't. Because you've made that up based on fuck all.

Sit down and shut up.

He doesn't need to prove it. It's something you hear all the time. You remember all the stories about Luis Enrique preparing PPts with his complete plan for the squad in his Chelsea ITW.

He had that ready because he's a professional and wanted to know what he needed to be successful.

If you are defending the club on the CB hunt, it's you that needs to sit down and shut up my friend.

Whilst its difficult to comprehend that other clubs also have negotiating strategies it wouldn't be much of a stretch to accept the much publicised Kane situation and likely fee is causing selling clubs to watch and wait afore agreeing to sell so they can up the price....a bit like Spam are experiencing with the Rice money.

Of course if the delay was due to haggling by the bald one he deserves a good slap.

a club that makes as much money as we do, that has as much FFP breathing room as we do, buying Tapsoba wouldnt be an issue at all considering what's been spent so far in the window.
Unfortunately we run such a tight ship as if we're in danger of going bust every season that i can't see us spending the 45 million pounds or more it would take to getting him.
Only if Kane is sold will we spend big of course:levystare:

frustrating club, but as another poster said at least Ange knows already what this place is like. No fake lies or false dawns as was fed to Conte. Big club, small mentality

Romero & Porro (and sanchez FWIW) are 2 (3) indicators that this deal can (and should) be done.

This weekend needs to be a busy one with outs and ins , get the Kane situation sorted and move on.

And

Rick Morty Reaction GIF
Are you fucking kidding me???

Work on the weekend? What kind of third world, slave labour routines do you think we're running at Hotspur Way???

It's bad enough once the season kicks off, having to turn up to 90 minutes of work (minimum!) on a matchday, you think Dan Levy is working past 11.59 on a Friday during the off season?

The poor man has just been on a 2 week work trip for crying out loud! Work the weekend? Give the guy a break!

:levystare:

Back
Top Bottom