Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ange has no real kudos. I think he only got the gig bcos of Mann. The stand out candidates were JN and Poch but we distanced ourselves from them both, he has no real clout and I can envisage a situation where HE calls out le y abd the club and resigns. He knows full well he was t first choice and if he does t get backed ( as long it isn’t Gallagher his after) he will resign. Himself .
He’s spent almost 30 years working his way to the Premier League. The guy is not gonna resign from his big shot.

Pavard has one year left on his contract. I doubt he would want to come here but if he did Bayern could let us have him for 10 mill pounds and they can have Kane for 95 mill pounds...... Here we goooooo

I maintain that the biggest reason for our success under Pochettino in the late 10s was due to catastrophic widespread incompetence at each of the richer, historically more dominant clubs - namely United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Citeh and Scum. They had such a massive financial advantage over the field including us, that only squandering their money on shite players and horrific mismanagement would keep them from success.

Don't get me wrong. They've cocked it up to an enormous degree. But the tides changed for City and Pool and now for Woolwich and United seemingly, and it's only a matter of time before the Chavs and Newcastle use their financial might the right way as well.

Our success under Poch actually came because Spurs had collected a the basis for a decent squad before he ever took charge of a game - Lloris, Walker, Rose, Davies, Dier, Vertonghen, Mason and Bentelab (Poch's first choice CM's in first season), Dembele, Eriksen, Kane - Poch 'simply' had to put the team together.

And most of these Poch played into the ground, but being all young he could do that during his best seasons.

The big issue was 2016-19 when almost no players coming in made any real impression on Spurs squad for more than a season - his best buys were probably Sanchez and Moura despite lots of money spent Hence the squad had deteriorated a lot by the time he left ....... and that's what we are still trying to rebuild from after 5 summers of dire buying, which is why the rebuild takes time.

I wouldn't take a single one of their central midfielders to start for us when everyone's fit.
McGinn!

Old Man Good Job GIF

So you've seen him play regularly for Zagreb? I'm assuming you have based on that statement.

Or are you basing your opinion on what the other poster has written?
Seen them play in the CL and seen him play for Croatia, so I've watched him about as much as VdV and some of his games were at U21 level.

If Kane leaves we’ll probably have to target another HG player.

Wonder if we tap up Palace for Guehi
I’m not too arsed about the HG quota for the Premier League.

The bigger issue losing Kane is that for European football you need 4 “club trained” players, and he’s really the only starting-level club trained player we’ve got. It’s Skipp and Tanganga, and then usually a youth keeper, so it would be mint if White, Devine, or Scarlett become rotation-level players in the next few years.

I’m not too arsed about the HG quota for the Premier League.

The bigger issue losing Kane is that for European football you need 4 “club trained” players, and he’s really the only starting-level club trained player we’ve got. It’s Skipp and Tanganga, and then usually a youth keeper, so it would be mint if White, Devine, or Scarlett become rotation-level players in the next few years.
Devine is already rotation level imo, but keeping him on the bench for rotation right now would be absolutely wasting his talent. We're going to let him go on loan this year, and he can join the first team either next year or the year after that (after another loan).

I guess that’s possible

Don’t think it’s a ridiculous guess to think that it’s easier to get a price for Tapsoba than Kane though
I actually disagree.

Smaller club, player under contract for 3 more years, Leverkusen don't need to sell. You discuss internally what your number is, but you don't tell the club with money that you know needs the player. You let them silently bid against themselves and hope they overshoot your valuation.

Back
Top Bottom