Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
70 pages since last night

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/l1KVaj5UcbHwrBMqI/giphy.gif

Anyone for a recap? Is it simply still, yeah we're not signing anyone and Ndombele is being a twat?

Fuck all basically. Scarlett on loan to Ipswich. Fati to Brighton. Mostly complaining and arguing.

The tea leaves say we’re looking to get Johnson, still negotiating, but actively engaged

We’re looking to shift Reguilon, Dier (but not on loan), Sanchez, N’Dombele, Lloris, Hojbjerg, and maybe Perisic from what I’ve read.

None look close.

It seems like the only outs we’re going to complete are loans

I wonder if we’re going to get stung by exceeding the maximum amount again 😂

Apparently Bayern have agreed terms with Palhinha.

Seriously, how has a team from one of the least popular leagues and least money got enough money to pay for Kane, Palhinha and KMJ.
Something iffy there.

And they were our LEADERS in the years since.

Fumigating the dressing room is Job 1 for Ange.

Will Levy handicap his ability to do that? Stay tuned!
What does Levy have to do with it? We have deals lined up for a number of players and they don't want to take them. Dier is turning his nose up at Fulham. Tanguy at Genoa. Lloris at Lazio, Tanganga I have no idea what is going on with him. In one case I think we didn't come to an agreement with a club, but in most others it's the players themselves that are refusing to move.

Apparently Bayern have agreed terms with Palhinha.

Seriously, how has a team from one of the least popular leagues and least money got enough money to pay for Kane, Palhinha and KMJ.
Something iffy there.
Just looked into this. 1.1bn Euro's for the Bundesliga Vs £5bn for the PL.

Seriously. is something going on?
I notice that Sky are currently showing Bundesliga games and also reporting heavily about players going there. Surely they're not helping, are they?

This is such bullshit.

The reason it's rejected is because the offer from Burnley was to loan him. 1) How does loaning a player who entered his final contract year help? A = It doesn't, it make no sense. 2) It has nothing to do with "dier fighting for his place"
He is going to see down his contract ( obviously for financial reasons). If we can get his wages covered then it’s equivalent to a free.
My guess is that Burnley offered to cover too low a percentage.

That was strategic and not by necessity. Maddison would've sacrificed his first-born to join peak Poch Spurs, and we absolutely had the 40m to sign him back then too .. Davinson Sanchez, anyone?

If you actually think the only reason Maddison joined us was because of the new stadium, then I don't know what to say. We were, in every respect, a less attractive side when he joined.
In fairness when we first signed Sanchez I was thinking/hoping we'd just signed a Lilian Thuram esq player, or at the very least some exceedingly high quality mustard. Slightly missed the mark on that one.....

What does Levy have to do with it? We have deals lined up for a number of players and they don't want to take them. Dier is turning his nose up at Fulham. Tanguy at Genoa. Lloris at Lazio, Tanganga I have no idea what is going on with him. In one case I think we didn't come to an agreement with a club, but in most others it's the players themselves that are refusing to move.

In Tanganga’s case, I’d be inclined to blame his agent a little bit. Every year he gets linked to Italian clubs but it never seems to materialise into an actual offer for him.

Yes, the club has held Japhet back, but what is his agent doing?

I watched bakayoko last night against Rangers and he is exactly what we are needing. He’s as strong as an ox,lighting quick and goes left and right. Had a great shot saved when he cut in from the right. He’s what we want Deki to be. The only thing with him is he has never played central and I think Ange is looking for someone who can play right across the front 3. Johnson fits that mould better. I’m on the fence with Johnson but his pace and playing with better players could see him go up another level from what he’s performing at just now.

Yeah I was impressed with Bakayoko too

Back
Top Bottom