Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bollocks. He will be another player that we trey and buy in 2 years' time similar to Grealish but we will crow at the fee required
Maybe, but by then he'll be more proven and more developed, so probably worth the much higher fee they'll demand for him.

In Tanganga’s case, I’d be inclined to blame his agent a little bit. Every year he gets linked to Italian clubs but it never seems to materialise into an actual offer for him.

Yes, the club has held Japhet back, but what is his agent doing?
England is the closest European country to Columbia. Maybe he doesn't want to add 3-4 hours to his journey home.

EDIT - yes i read that as Sanchez and YES I'm an idiot

Bayern have the biggest commercial revenue in football, and they also lead the world in shirt sales.

And they're at the business end of the CL every year, standing to gain as much as anybody from the new CL.

World class stadium as well.

Bayern have a fuckload of money. They've generated a fair bit of outgoings lately too.

They were very smart to pay Levy's ask for Kane, that's excellent transfer business for an elite club.
Wierd that they've suddenly gone into overdrive though, don't you think?

Bollocks. He will be another player that we trey and buy in 2 years' time similar to Grealish but we will crow at the fee required
Not enough people get this.

If we'd have signed Eze, Olise, Maddison from QPR, Reading and Norwich respectively there would have been meltdown on here about how were shopping the cheap options, and how they aren't good enough. Jump forward 3-4 years and the same people are berating Levy and co for not paying the fees their new clubs ask for.

If we'd have signed Eze, Olise, Maddison from QPR, Reading and Norwich respectively there would have been meltdown on here about how were shopping the cheap options, and how they aren't good enough.
I actually remember a lot of people calling for those signings.

Wierd that they've suddenly gone into overdrive though, don't you think?
Honestly I feel like they were more in under-drive in recent seasons.

Their unwillingness to pay top dollar in the transfer market didn't make much sense.

There's no doping situation happening there at all, that's just one of the richest clubs on earth full stop.

If we'd have signed Eze, Olise, Maddison from QPR, Reading and Norwich respectively there would have been meltdown on here about how were shopping the cheap options, and how they aren't good enough. Jump forward 3-4 years and the same people are berating Levy and co for not paying the fees their new clubs ask for.

They really wouldn't if we were complimenting these signings with players for now. We're not Brighton so can do both, like most top clubs.

It's not too much to expect. At all.

Honestly I feel like they were more in under-drive in recent seasons.

Their unwillingness to pay top dollar in the transfer market didn't make much sense.

There's no doping situation happening there at all, that's just one of the richest clubs on earth full stop.
I guess they had it easy for years as they just took players from their domestic rivals with zero fight. They are/were the 90s Man United. The only good team in the league and players all saw them as as the natural progression.

Lots of our fans wanted Eze and Olise. A good few wanted Benrahna, Brennan Johnson (last year), some wanted Ben Brereton Diaz, some wanted Toney from League 1, Buendia, Adam Armstrong, Ollie Watkins, Jarrod Bowen, Mbuemo. Some work and some don't. Club should act without concern for what fans might complain about on the internet, recruit players with talent and physical ability to make good in the PL.

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

I feel nothing except contempt for the few people still defending this regime in the face of such overwhelming evidence of their incompetence on the pitch.
Have you sorted out your SC username yet?
35 more games and you get to fuck off.

Lots of our fans wanted Eze and Olise. A good few wanted Benrahna, Brennan Johnson (last year), some wanted Ben Brereton Diaz, some wanted Toney from League 1, Buendia, Adam Armstrong, Ollie Watkins, Jarrod Bowen, Mbuemo. Some work and some don't. Club should act without concern for what fans might complain about on the internet, recruit players with talent and physical ability to make good in the PL.
We were also desperate for Max Aarons, and of course Sessegnon.

It's not that fan scouting is perfect, but the idea that young Champo stars aren't "acceptable" signings is total nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom