Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don’t believe it.
That’s double what their top earner makes and 18x what Mitoma makes.
So much of what comes out of Barca is pure bullshit.
The reason I do believe it is because they need to shift wages to register players. And as much bullshit as they might leak to the press, that's not what the football authorities in Spain will be looking at to determine if they have wage space. They'll be looking at their actual books.

I also believe it because for Brighton he is just a one-year loan, where Brighton are forced to accept his wages. If it was a transfer and Brighton were offering him these wages, I'd agree with you.

Last edited:
Still not sure why we didn't move for Alex Scott if we are concerned with HG numbers.

Or why you would then sign Solomon as 5th or 6th choice. Those places should be going to academy players.

Still not sure why we didn't move for Alex Scott if we are concerned with HG numbers.

Or why you would then sign Solomon as 5th or 6th choice. Those places should be going to academy players.
Cause they didn't think Alex Scott was ready for this level yet. Solomon was supposed to be our second choice LW until Perisic decided to stick around, and he's our second choice RW currently, hardly 5th choice.

So Daniel looking to sell/loan sanchez, Dier, and Tanganga, and leave Romero, VDV, davies and phillips to manage the entire season without suspension or injury.

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF
Ffs, they won’t sell all three without cover. Even if they got offers they’ll keep at least one ( or buy one) for cover.
This is the kind of post that just makes everyone look stupid in their criticism.

Cause they didn't think Alex Scott was ready for this level yet. Solomon was supposed to be our second choice LW until Perisic decided to stick around, and he's our second choice RW currently, hardly 5th choice.
Source on this or is this your opinion? Because I can tell you now from seeing him play with my own eyes he is absolutely ready to play at PL level which is why Bournemouth signed him.

Source on this or is this your opinion? Because I can tell you now from seeing him play with my own eyes he is absolutely ready to play at PL level which is why Bournemouth signed him.
Bournemouth level and Spurs level are two very different levels.

All I am asking is that by fair means or foul, Ange not be asked to reintegrate any of the players he's clearly marked as not fit for duty (which I'd make Dier, Lloris, Ndombele, Reguilon and Tanganga with Spence already out the door)
I don't think he will. There are a ton of things to blame Levy for, but forcing managers to integrate players they do not want in their team is not one of them.

I'm getting on your nerves too? Wonderful.

See, that's the problem with you guys: when you don't have an answer to someone calling out your stupid bullshit you just resort to calling someone a cunt or a twat. And if it makes me a cunt to say that, I'll gladly take it.
Don’t worry.
Our bet says he won’t be here this time next year to get on your nerves.

Just looked into this. 1.1bn Euro's for the Bundesliga Vs £5bn for the PL.

Seriously. is something going on?
I notice that Sky are currently showing Bundesliga games and also reporting heavily about players going there. Surely they're not helping, are they?
Bayern have the biggest commercial revenue in football, and they also lead the world in shirt sales.

And they're at the business end of the CL every year, standing to gain as much as anybody from the new CL.

World class stadium as well.

Bayern have a fuckload of money. They've generated a fair bit of outgoings lately too.

They were very smart to pay Levy's ask for Kane, that's excellent transfer business for an elite club.

good move for him, good young manager there, will give him chances
The manager is Kieran McKenna, he actually joined us at 16 but had to retire at 23 with a bad injury and started his coaching career with our U-18s, he's from over here so I had high hopes of having a Northern Ireland player make the first team, he never kicked a ball though...

I'm pretty sure we could have landed Scott, if we wanted to, so there must be some underlying reason we didn't pursue him. What that is I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom