Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I mean it wasn't difficult to wikipedia how many goals Johnson scored last season and how many goals Nico Williams scored last season..

The reasoning of 'It's because he's better' is hardly backing up the point of why Nico Williams is a 'level' above Johnson...? When the most basic of stat proves that he isn't.
By the same token, we should also cut Sonny and Richie some slack for not having scored in the first 3 games, no? Yet people are melting about it.

The discussion you came into the middle of was specifically discussing buying players at the old WHL.

Sometimes its best to just put the keyboard down.

Yeah sorry, our ability to sign players immediately changed when we temporarily played at Wembley.

Yeah, I agree. Take your own fucking advice, and then you won't end up tying yourself in knots with ridiculous claims which make zero sense. Nobody other than you actually thinks that we weren't capable of signing a Maddison before the new stadium went up.

Trix said:
They've got a real hard on for getting home grown options in during the death throes of this window right now. "Future proofing now due to rising prices" is the key phrase I keep hearing, and very much expect that's the way we are gravitating. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see 2 HG options come through the door in what ever guise that takes.

please be excited, and donate to my bank account
...in my head. Somebody please make it stop!

Well, the good news, I think this is the longest transfer thread we've ever had.

7e789b6c-76c0-4652-a232-23b9e0ac759f_text.gif
You do know that you’re a bad man doing a bad thing don’t you?

How to turn real life relatively mild mannered people into sociopaths just with a bit of code.

Offer Reguilon to United on a 6 month loan, hope that he does okay while Shaw and Malacia are out, try to shift him on a permanent to somebody with LB issues in January.

Yeah sorry, our ability to sign players immediately changed when we temporarily played at Wembley.

Yeah, I agree. Take your own fucking advice, and then you won't end up tying yourself in knots with ridiculous claims which make zero sense. Nobody other than you actually thinks that we weren't capable of signing a Maddison before the new stadium went up.

I mean it has since, and that is the point of the discussion. Has the new ground made it possible to sign players that we might not have had the opportunity to in the old WHL.

One of the biggest factors, in my opinion, regarding the signing of players back then was wages. We can compete with a team of Newcastles wage bill right now but back then, we were not able to compete with teams finishing around us in the league on wages at all.

Would he have liked playing under Poch, of course. Could we have competed with another top 6 team on wages back then. Absolutely not. We are in fact known to be unable to purchase players due to wages.

Mane would loved to have played under peak Poch at spurs, his old manager, but we could not compete with Liverpool on wages.

I dare this club not to bring in at yur very least 2 players of reasonsbke quality by the end of the window..

It would be akin to betrayal to the fans, the manager and the 2 or 3 players we have bought, who thought they were coming to a club where thet might be part of something progressive.

We need 2 or 3 more to feel relatuvely content, even if we have already shown the fragility of belief on Tuesday, surprising absolutely nobody

A watching brief for now.

Back
Top Bottom