Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not enough people get this.

If we'd have signed Eze, Olise, Maddison from QPR, Reading and Norwich respectively there would have been meltdown on here about how were shopping the cheap options, and how they aren't good enough. Jump forward 3-4 years and the same people are berating Levy and co for not paying the fees their new clubs ask for.
You're asking people to have 3-4 years patience? They've already made up their minds after 3-4 games!

Bayern have the biggest commercial revenue in football, and they also lead the world in shirt sales.

And they're at the business end of the CL every year, standing to gain as much as anybody from the new CL.

World class stadium as well.

Bayern have a fuckload of money. They've generated a fair bit of outgoings lately too.

They were very smart to pay Levy's ask for Kane, that's excellent transfer business for an elite club.
Still cunts

I do always laugh when smaller clubs than us jump on the Spurs trophy bandwagon. It’s fucking pathetic. I don’t give a shit how many European trophies Forest have won, the facts are they have won 10 major trophies in their history compared to our 25. What cheek have they got displaying empty trophy cabinets on their forums taking the piss out of us? I can understand Liverpool etc giving us stick, but we are now getting the likes of Forest, Brighton fans jumping on it. Yes even Brighton fans ffs 🤦‍♂️ a club that have never won a major trophy in their history. Sometimes i think these dweebs genuinely believe Spurs have won nothing. Brennan Johnson to Spurs is a major step up, so why don’t you fuck right off Forest fans.

He did cost that much last summer though, that's why we backed off.

Did his year in the PL justify that valuation? Not for me.....
It's probably around 15-20 in HG tax on these British players who show potential. Even more for some.

Brighton quoting ridiculous numbers for Ferguson.

I actually don't care about the fee too much any more, we spent 100 mil on Lo Celso and Ndombele but then got Bentancur, Bissouma and Maddison for peanuts in comparison.

Johnson and say Gallagher will always offer more than what we got from Gio and Ndom in my opinion.

Swings and roundabouts. I just wish the club would be more proactive get them in and recoup afterwards.

As obvious as Sess and Spence?

Much more obvious. Olise, Eze,Bowen, Toney etc all looked much better in the Championship if you were actually watching games.

Sessegnon was a bloody back post tap-in merchant who found a niche for a bit. Never thought he looked exciting and was never sold on bringing him in.

Sessegnon was a bloody back post tap-in merchant who found a niche for a bit. Never thought he looked exciting and was never sold on bringing him in.
He was a good bit younger than the other players mentioned though, lots of reason to project growth from him, it just didn't happen.

It was him looking totally out of his depth in the PL that was the warning sign. That dropped his price to what Spurs, undeterred, were willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom