Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's fine and the distinction you mention is real, but Sess being Champo Team of the Season at 16 and Player of the Season at 17 are pretty unique accomplishments, it's not like many comparisons are available.

I just never bought in to it, there's no hindsight being applied here. I remember quite a few who were regular watchers feeling the same. It was obviously very impressive what he was doing and on paper the resume was fantastic but the eye test was just never there.

There are talents/players who get you excited and ones who don't. That isn't foolproof either (I liked Adama, a lot) but I feel like Sessegnon got very highly rated for being very young and for being in a very dominant side where his tactical role led to goals. Tom Cairney was 'that guy' for me in that Fulham team, albeit very obviously championship level and a lot older.

Back
Top Bottom