Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
PEACE

I'M OUT

Leaving Season 1 GIF by Friends

I have been ringing around locally and thi k I have a solution to our Ndombele problem.

Better solution…The glue factory.

This is spot on. We've sold Winks and Kane, Tanganga going, i doubt Sess and Davies will still be around the club in 12 to 18 months, maybe not Skipp unless he steps up a bit so we absolutely need homegrown players that will be around for a few years. This had to happen at some point so in that context Johnson and Gallagher would be good signings. I'm still not in on Lloyd Kelly though.

We're seriously acting like a drug addict with a bad gambling habit and I'm totally here for it

:levywtf:
Can you be both those things?

I suppose you can if you're minted but for most, either will go through your dosh quicker than a bad oyster through your lower intestine.

I don't see the combination as a viable downwardly-spiralling addict option.

(Insert Paul Merson GIF here)

Looks like BJ sorted, which is never a bad thing.
Will lose the very last miniscule of respect for Levy and co if we do not sign another decent CH prior to window closing, not to mention some competition for our stuttering Richy.

Our deadwood is so hard to shift , so unless they know something about Lloyd Kelly that no one else sees, then there is no point in adding another piece of deadwood l, hopefully get is the business because another season of Dier and Sanchez is sickening.

This is spot on. We've sold Winks and Kane, Tanganga going, i doubt Sess and Davies will still be around the club in 12 to 18 months, maybe not Skipp unless he steps up a bit so we absolutely need homegrown players that will be around for a few years. This had to happen at some point so in that context Johnson and Gallagher wod be good signings. I'm still not in on Lloyd Kelly though.
I thought him saying we've had too much movement this window is interesting. Going to be frustrating for the folks that think we have to sign 10 players a window or its a failure.

I've never understood why people think the Summer transfer window and Levy / ENIC not somehow not intertwined.

Love them or hate them, / Him,.. Levy is the most instrumental part of it. He's the leading role. It's an unavoidable fact.
People can’t even point to a DOF anymore to deflect the criticism

Up until the last day or two many of the critical voices have actually been subdued in this thread anyway because of the constant moaning and crying 😢 of a handful of posters.
Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

Not exactly sure what this means or how it is meant to address my point.
What I said is that people called both average, I reiterated my point by saying people here criticised both, calling Vicario a second rate (or third rate!) keeper, saying VDV defends like Dier. This supports my initial point, that people here calling players average does not mean that they are average.

Back
Top Bottom