Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gallagher is a slight improvement on Skipp and he's considerably younger than Pierre. I'd be content enough with that signing if it's not for a silly amount of money. He works his arse off and presses really well so you can see why managers would like him, especially Ange. There was a period where he looked outstanding for Palace a year or two ago.

I'm confident that just before 11 pm BST we're going to swooooop on our target like a silent screech owl on an unsuspecting fieldmouse.
So many contradictions there - I'm going to have to lie down for a few minutes to process. The half empty bottle of Henny is irrelevant.

Gallagher is a slight improvement on Skipp and he's considerably younger than Pierre. I'd be content enough with that signing if it's not for a silly amount of money. He works his arse off and presses really well so you can see why managers would like him, especially Ange. There was a period where he looked outstanding for Palace a year or two ago.
Ain't gonna happen though, or at best, it's very unlikely.

Genuinely can't understand why that happens tbh. Surely we would let him go for free and pay him any OS bonus anyway?
I'm a bit surprised there's been very little interest in him as he's still a big name, must be asking for ridiculous terms

Gallagher isn't incredible, but he's a massive improvement on Skipp. He's an England international, Skipp wasn't even an England U21 starter in his last tournament.

About N'dombele, Ange seems like a pretty inspiring guy. Could it be possible (I know, probably not) that he can inspire N'dombele to actually start caring, take care of his body and mind and that he after Christmas some time can be a positive injection? I guess it's our only hope after today?
He’s a lost cause!

Ange demands effort above all else, and can’t be impressed with the way N’Dombele saunters about looking uninterested.

I'm 100% convinced Dier is acting either out of spite or sheer stupidity.
not so sure its out of spite tbh. Think he has a plan to go to Sporting (or somewhere abroad) on a free and pick up a big signing on bonus. He's looking out for himself and his family tbf.

If he rejects a loan move then I would think he's a cunt but I get why he would reject permanent moves.

Gallagher isn't incredible, but he's a massive improvement on Skipp. He's an England international, Skipp wasn't even an England U21 starter in his last tournament.

Ability wise I don't think there's a huge difference. At least not from the Gallagher we've seen at Chelsea. But he definitely has the higher ceiling of the two, potential wise.

Random question: can players change their squad numbers after the transfer deadline?

I think players squad numbers were submitted to PL before the start of the first game.

So its only new players signed after first game who will be given unused squad numbers who will be added to Pl's list - existing players not being able to change squad numbers already sent to PL

Ability wise I don't think there's a huge difference. At least not from the Gallagher we've seen at Chelsea. But he definitely has the higher ceiling of the two, potential wise.
I don't know what to tell you if you think that. We're trying to pay 40m for Gallagher, I doubt we'd be able to get 20m for Skipp.

Back
Top Bottom