Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
not so sure its out of spite tbh. Think he has a plan to go to Sporting (or somewhere abroad) on a free and pick up a big signing on bonus. He's looking out for himself and his family tbf.

If he rejects a loan move then I would think he's a cunt but I get why he would reject permanent moves.
But he's sacrificing an entire year of football. He may be unwanted by then

people just assuming if Hojbjerg goes we get Gallagher.

in reality what will happen is we let Hojbjerg go and rely on an injury prone nothing player like Lo Celso and Skipp to be the back ups until Bentancur is back with no CM signing made.

I have absolutely zero faith we are going to conclude a deal for Galllagher so I hope Hojbjerg stays.

...and so it begins
are-you-serious-spiderman.gif

I haven't watched Chavs play this season apart from the game v Liverpool, however their fans say that he's been great for them this season...

They also think Sterling is suddenly the English Messi once again! I've seen them a few times and he's generally done alright. Fernandez has always been the one to stand out though, at least in my eyes.

people just assuming if Hojbjerg goes we get Gallagher.

in reality what will happen is we let Hojbjerg go and rely on an injury prone nothing player like Lo Celso and Skipp to be the back ups until Bentancur is back with no CM signing made.

I have absolutely zero faith we are going to conclude a deal for Galllagher so I hope Hojbjerg stays.

If we let Hojberg go without bringing in Gallagher…that would be dumb fucking shit.

So you’re probably right.

The centre back situation is baffling. We needed 1 more good centre back that could play either side and we could have winged it with a 4th choice this season due to lack of games and used Davies/Emerson if required. Because of our inability to add the 3rd centre back we're now having to turn down offers for Sanchez and trying to add a bang average 4th choice in Kelly.

Gallagher is a slight improvement on Skipp and he's considerably younger than Pierre. I'd be content enough with that signing if it's not for a silly amount of money. He works his arse off and presses really well so you can see why managers would like him, especially Ange. There was a period where he looked outstanding for Palace a year or two ago.
If we can swap PEH for Gallagher for a relatively similar amount of money, it’s good business.

Dier can fuck off at this point. He's doing this just to fuck with us.

I don't think he's doing it to fuck with us, rather he's doing what's in his best interest and doesn't care so much about what makes things easier/better for the club. We've decided its in our best interest to freeze him out of the team and he gets to decide what's in his best interests now as well.

If it were just one player with a year left, that's not so much of a big deal. If you have multiple wastes of space sucking up checks each week all content to keep doing so, it's a major problem.

Some of the fans on here give it the old "there always has to a scapegoat" when people move on to the next weakest link in the squad.

Well with various minor improvements, Skipp is rapidly becoming that scapegoat.

I would counter the negative connotation fans use when pointing that finger at other fans with - there are a lot of fans who massively over rate our youth and under rate others.

Chelsea have sold a fucking tone of youth for loads of money.
Who have we sold other than Kane?

Back
Top Bottom