Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
people just assuming if Hojbjerg goes we get Gallagher.

in reality what will happen is we let Hojbjerg go and rely on an injury prone nothing player like Lo Celso and Skipp to be the back ups until Bentancur is back with no CM signing made.

I have absolutely zero faith we are going to conclude a deal for Galllagher so I hope Hojbjerg stays.
You make a good point but the options to rid ourselves of our deadwood are vanishingly small. I'd rather be 'light' for 6 months than suffer the same nonsense come January.

Some of the fans on here give it the old "there always has to a scapegoat" when people move on to the next weakest link in the squad.

Well with various minor improvements, Skipp is rapidly becoming that scapegoat.

I would counter the negative connotation fans use when pointing that finger at other fans with - there are a lot of fans who massively over rate our youth and under rate others.

Chelsea have sold a fucking tone of youth for loads of money.
Who have we sold other than Kane?
Winks

Some of the fans on here give it the old "there always has to a scapegoat" when people move on to the next weakest link in the squad.

I would counter the negative connotation fans use when pointing that finger at other fans with - there are a lot of fans who massively over rate our youth and under rate others.

I'd rather give Skipp support and game time than waste one pound on Chelsea loving Conner Gallagher.

How is he a scapegoat? He's a bench player, no-one is going to blame him for poor results cause he barely plays. People just recognise that he's not top six quality.

How is he a scapegoat? He's a bench player, no-one is going to blame him for poor results cause he barely plays. People just recognise that he's not top six quality.
Did you see the match thread mid week against Fulham? Plenty of criticism of Skippy, who did have a stinker.
We need bench players who can step up and limit the drop off in quality, the cup showed there's a gulf vs the 1st XI. It is a really tough problem to solve as players you bring in want assurances they'll start.

I'm not calling him a scapegoat.
I'm saying fans will accuse fans like me who don't think he's good enough of making him a scapegoat.

I think some fans are finally seeing it too.

Back
Top Bottom