Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't know what to tell you if you think that. We're trying to pay 40m for Gallagher, I doubt we'd be able to get 20m for Skipp.

Gallagher is the better player of the two. But I don't think there's a night and day difference ability wise, that's all. A lot of Gallagher's best work is off the ball.

I think players squad numbers were submitted to PL before the start of the first game.

So its only new players signed after first game who will be given unused squad numbers who will be added to Pl's list - existing players not being able to change squad numbers already sent to PL
Got it.

Johnson would like 20 I'm sure, but that's Forster, who surely would be happy to take 1 if it's vacated by Hugo, etc etc

Random question: can players change their squad numbers after the transfer deadline?

I think players squad numbers were submitted to PL before the start of the first game.

So its only new players signed after first game who will be given unused squad numbers who will be added to Pl's list - existing players not being able to change squad numbers already sent to PL
I believe anyone can get a new number until a day or so after the close of the window.

PEACE

I'M OUT

Im Out See You GIF by A1 eSports

He’s a lost cause!

Ange demands effort above all else, and can’t be impressed with the way N’Dombele saunters about looking uninterested.
I agree, but I'm not the type to give up, so there is deep somewhere in the back of my brain a little bit of hope that N'dombele can be good for us. Even if it's just 30 minutes per game. I'm sure it won't be so but I will at least keep a little bit of hope if (when) he's not sold today.

Last edited:
Hopefully we sell PEH so Gallagher comes in.

If Lloyd Kelly is the replacement to Sanchez, I'd rather keep Sanchez.
Seems like we might be trying to have both?

I would tend to agree with you though, just because Sanchez is in the last year of his deal so his unfitness for duty is a limited-term problem, whereas Kelly would be on a long term deal.

VDV was a brilliant signing, but still pathetic that we haven't further upgraded there.

The Palace Gallagher I would definitely agree with. The Chelsea one, less so. But I do think he's a pretty good player and one that can get considerably better.
Only thing that puts me off is he is proper Chelsea and from my past experiences pretty much anyone who supports that club is an absolute cunt

Back
Top Bottom