Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
We shouldn’t be booing any players individually— unless they play for our opponents.

We boo the other team to put them off their game.
Is somehow booing our own, by the same logic, going to somehow improve their game?
No. I don’t disagree.

Even if I disagree with it, I understand booing players like Sanchez who have overstayed their welcome. Unfortunately, there’s no clearer method to let the organization know that enough is enough.

I’d love to be able to boo ENIC, but Enic don’t play. Same for levy. I guess the best we can do is organize songs and protests at them, but that’s been a struggle.

I wouldn't do it myself but people pay their money, so they can boo who they want I suppose.
That’s not the way I see it.
I don’t get to boo actors or musicians who don’t perform well at the theater or at the philharmonic.
Statistically, half the people that boo are below average at their own job — given some of the spelling, grammar and logic I’ve seen on here, it includes a number of posters here.

No. I don’t disagree.

Even if I disagree with it, I understand booing players like Sanchez who have overstayed their welcome. Unfortunately, there’s no clearer method to let the organization know that enough is enough.

I’d love to be able to boo ENIC, but Enic don’t play. Same for levy.

Chant ENIC out then. It's not difficult..... Levy is at a good 60/70% of our games.... Chant Levy out if that's how you feel.

I guess the best we can do is organize songs and protests at them, but that’s been a struggle.

Someone in your posittion ought to dig into WHY it's so difficult to organise...... It never used to be problematic.... And that was before this powerful tool called the internet.

I think they boo to try and get players substituted/dropped from future matches.

I wouldn't do it myself but people pay their money, so they can boo who they want I suppose.
Good post.

Personally, I'd never boo a player unless I genuinely thought he wasn't giving 100%
With the likes of Sanchez, for example, that's not the case. His poor performances were a result of low confidence combined with him simply not being good enough.

What's telling is that most of the faux outrage seems to be coming from the couch potato fans who spend every match day on here lecturing the match going fans spending their hard earned cash on their very expensive tickets.

If they feel the need to boo. That's up to them and I'd never think to patronising them by telling them how to behave or support their team

It just doesn't sit right with me I'm afraid. Comes across as a bit sneaky and grubby.

I read somewhere (on here?) he had 6 months left on his contract. Is that true?

According to the usual resources, yeh......

Contracts out there run Jan - Dec.

.......Except he's essentially already been granted free agency by FIFA.

I'd like to propose that anyone who copy & pastes the full text of an article that results in a wall of text gets binned.

who's with me mad city GIF by Gotham's with me mad city GIF by Gotham

This has been simmering for a few days hasn't it

:pochwtf:

Good post.

Personally, I'd never boo a player unless I genuinely thought he wasn't giving 100%
With the likes of Sanchez, for example, that's not the case. His poor performances were a result of low confidence combined with him simply not being good enough.

What's telling is that most of the faux outrage seems to be coming from the couch potato fans who spend every match day on here lecturing the match going fans spending their hard earned cash on their very expensive tickets.

If they feel the need to boo. That's up to them and I'd never think to patronising them by telling them how to behave or support their team

It just doesn't sit right with me I'm afraid. Comes across as a bit sneaky and grubby.
New Orleans Food GIF by PBS Digital Studios

That’s not the way I see it.
I don’t get to boo actors or musicians who don’t perform well at the theater or at the philharmonic.
Statistically, half the people that boo are below average at their own job — given some of the spelling, grammar and logic I’ve seen on here, it includes a number of posters here.
Pahahaha im dead.

Back
Top Bottom