Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Again, you’re ignoring the fact that players have agency.
I could go through the full list but a couple of obvious highlights:
Bastoni categorically stated that he wasn’t going to leave Inter and some of the less fortunate here still regard that as a failed transfer because of his links to Wiggy.
Gvardiol is going to become the highest fee in the history of world football for a CB and was linked to the two best club sides in the world. Again, it was stated categorically that he wasn’t for sale when we were linked last year.
We might have gotten Skriniar three years back. He signed a pre-contract with a team guaranteed to win domestic trophies every year and qualify for UCL. I can’t find his PSG salary but €12m has been mooted with a huge sign-on bonus.
DeLigt is playing for an eleven time repeating domestic champion who are guaranteed UCL football every year. He makes more than £260k per week.
No 23 year old footballer at the top of their game is going to move from Bayern to Tottenham anymore than someone is going to go from Tottenham to Ipswich if he can play at the higher level.
Moving the needle to get a player with these profiles is going to take more than a billion pounds of the owners own money — actually, it will take two billion over a decade to be on equal footing with City. It took them about a decade and more than a billion and plenty of cheating to get them where they are.
We know that Joe doesn’t have the stomach or the will to do that so your list is just a pipe dream. Sorry to burst the bubble.
No bubble was burst. I know full well what our club will and will not do. My point was, you don't fix a shitty defence and win trophies with B-listers.

See what happens with our CB situation. You never know...we could get Tapsoba and/or VdV and/or Tosin in and they could well become workd class at Spurs.

I mean how much compo can they expect even if he was their player. A mil or so at best

It's all getting a bit sanctimonious tbh.......

Solomon won't be the only player wrapped up in such a scenario..... Typically tho'; Spurs are the ones thrust into the headlines being cast as some kind of low level war criminals.

Let Shaktaar thrash it out with FIFA.... We've already set up what is essential a fund-raiser for them during pre-season.

To simplify even more, I think we have around £80m-£100m to spend on this improving this squad:

Dl66Laj.png

Agree with CerealMaterial CerealMaterial that we spend on both Tapsoba and Van de Ven. That should be around £75m.
Most of that team is still what we have now and the back ups even more do. We need to clear out even more s d promote the youth players. No pissing around with lenglet types! I bet someone is on the take as there is no football justification for getting him in. Same as for keeping likes of dier and davies both pants!

No owner, with integrity and true ambition, sees the amount of goals we leaked last season and doesn't snap up both VDV AND Tapsoba and properly address the problem.

Most people never even heard of these guys before this summer and now it's been determined that if we don't get both, the club has no ambition.

I know we needed upgrade's all over the fucking place, but I'm really worried if we don't get some attacking quality in we are going to have another tough season, especially if for whatever reason (form, injury or sale) we lose Kane's goals, without which we'd have been fucking around in the bottom half last season.

Back
Top Bottom