Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Absolute nonsense.

Our attack is fine.
Our defence is not.

Doesn’t take any level of IQ to know where we need to be focusing on.

Take a seat!

Well, I am not entirely convinced out attack is all rosey.

Son is 31. Kane 30. Richarlison wouldn't give us a 2nd thought if one of the bigger clubs came knocking.

Gil and Soloman an unknown quality in the EPL, and Kulusevski has run hot and cold.

I can imagine the fan uproar if we lined up in a game with Soloman, Richarlison and Kulusevski as our front 3. Levy would get it in the neck!

When was the last time we bought a good striker? Berbatov was almost 20 years ago. Since then we have spent money on Pavlyuchenko, Bent, Soldado, Adebayor, Janssen, Llorente and Richarlison. Whoever we sign will be cursed.
Buying a good striker is hard, look at westham, (even when they had a top one Haller, they didn't realise it) we are just fortunate we haven't had to in a long while.

When was the last time we bought a good striker? Berbatov was almost 20 years ago. Since then we have spent money on Pavlyuchenko, Bent, Soldado, Adebayor, Janssen, Llorente and Richarlison. Whoever we sign will be cursed.

Pav, Llorente and Adebayor all did a job and put in some great performances.

Tottenham manager Ange Postecoglou has managed to convince Daniel Levy to reject an offer for Tanguy Ndombele, with the France midfielder ready to be handed a shock lifeline in north London.

So Ndombele is back to stay?

Our attack is only fine if the Kane Situation is sorted and Son and Dejan recapture the form 9f the season before last.
Exactly.

We saw what happened the last time Harry got his head twisted. Go into the new season with that uncertainty/unhappiness hanging over us and he sure as shit ain't scoring us 30.

Okay so our boy Sonny was allegedly carrying an injury all/most of last season. He's still turning 31, his pace - his main asset - will only go one way from here on out. I'll always adore him but I don't see him scoring 15+ league goals next season.

Man I'm gonna sound as optimistic as our good friend Matt1882 , but I don't have much hope to see Kulu get back to his best, especially as a RW. Maybe as an 8 his lack of pace & mobility would hurt him/us less, who knows...plus can he stay fully fit a whole year?

Richy was a joke last season...and an expensive one at that. I'd be amazed if he got 10 in the league for us.

Solomon, Gil, Troy - maybe giving them kids a fat chance will pay dividends, but on paper it don't scream a combined 15 goals + as many assists.

But yeah, on the plus side, we've got Madders. If he stays fit for 32+ games, it's not unreasonable at all to expect a return of 10 goals + 10 assists from the lad.

You missed out Defoe, who we re-signed and be didn't turn out too badly.

Ade wasn't bad but was definitely better on loan.

With a back 4 and no Europe how do you get game time for all 3?
A list of excuses from Levy fanatics:

- we can’t compete financially with the other top 5/6 clubs
- we shouldn’t overspend to avoid doing a Leeds, we need to buy smart
- we can’t offer game time
- we have X player as first team, we only need a backup

Good post.

Personally, I'd never boo a player unless I genuinely thought he wasn't giving 100%
With the likes of Sanchez, for example, that's not the case. His poor performances were a result of low confidence combined with him simply not being good enough.

What's telling is that most of the faux outrage seems to be coming from the couch potato fans who spend every match day on here lecturing the match going fans spending their hard earned cash on their very expensive tickets.

If they feel the need to boo. That's up to them and I'd never think to patronising them by telling them how to behave or support their team

It just doesn't sit right with me I'm afraid. Comes across as a bit sneaky and grubby.
Booing does t help the team. End of

A list of excuses from Levy fanatics:

- we can’t compete financially with the other top 5/6 clubs
- we shouldn’t overspend to avoid doing a Leeds, we need to buy smart
- we can’t offer game time
- we have X player as first team, we only need a backup

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Tired Season 1 GIF by BET Plus

It certainly won't be anyone as good as Kane, but doesn't mean they won't be good.

We have been linked with Ivan Toney, Dusan Vlahovic and Jonathan David as his replacement and 2 of those would be good signings.
Could see us going for Toney, Levy will wait for his ban to finish.

No owner, with integrity and true ambition, sees the amount of goals we leaked last season and doesn't snap up both VDV AND Tapsoba and properly address the problem.
I’m seeing a lot of this and whilst I do agree that Sanchez and Dier have outstayed their welcome - the amount of goals leaked last season isn’t all down to the defence. That horrible set up of 2 in midfield being totally overrun and being on the backfoot all of the time was inevitably going to lead to goals against. I hope we improve on one or two at CB, but also hope that with better coaching and more of the ball our current defenders wont be always up against it

Back
Top Bottom