Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TBF, Raphinha at Leeds under Bielsa was incredible. He was absolutely one of the best wingers in the league his last season there.

Pedro Neto would be a no-brainer if he passes the medical.

That's not what I said is it? we have amazing players around them, which is bringing us good results. the RW is letting us down - as I said, if every position had the quality we had in RW, we'd be much lower, possibly 13th.

Funny being called pathetic by the guy who has Vince McMahon in his avatar lol

Supporting a sexual predator is actually pathetic.

Been my picture since before he was accused, been found guilty has he?

With the way Ange sets his teams up, I think the system largely makes the centre forward and by design helps them to put up a decent goal tally.

Son had got up to like 10 goals when he played through the middle at the start of the season. Richarlison has now done likewise. By the end of the season that's going to be circa 30 goals from your forward. Kyogo at Celtic last season frequently barely touched the ball and yet managed 35 goals from often the same type of patterns we have seen so far - through ball for winger, slide a low cross in, striker is there to apply the finishing touch. You play centre forward in Ange's teams and you will score goals.

And so you can look at it either way. The system creates chances and individuals matter less, someone like eg. Richarlison is going along alright, and so no need to change it. On the other hand though if you accept the individual benefits from the system, you can argue that fans shouldn't get carried away with a players individual stats, how "crucial" they are to the side performing, and that you can be ruthless and look to upgrade on a decently performing player.

Personally though think the main order of business is to improve our creative quality and output, improve in the positions that are meant to be the ones laying it on a plate. That's going to make more of a difference in this system of football.

TBF, Raphinha at Leeds under Bielsa was incredible. He was absolutely one of the best wingers in the league his last season there.

Pedro Neto would be a no-brainer if he passes the medical.

It's called a one season wonder mate. It happens all the time. Just be grateful we weren't the club that spunked good money on him

It's called a one season wonder mate. It happens all the time. Just be grateful we weren't the club that spunked good money on him

Even that season, as fate would have it every time I tuned in to see them he was fairly anonymous.

Only Chelski will offer that kinda money. Well, maybe Woolwich. He was really good at Leeds but at Barca he's yet to "deliver" regularly

Will definitely flog Grealish.
Yeah was thinking exactly the same thing. Grealish is the obvious culprit. No way they're getting rid of Foden, Doku, Alvarez...

Bernardo & De Bruyne have been there a bit, might fancy a new challenge. But who could afford them?! So I reckon they stay put.

Heck, I reckon that Savio kid won't even be the only attacking player they sign. Wouldn't even be surprised if they went after Mbappe.

How do you want us to compete, it's near impossible.

Just here to say I don’t want Grealish or Rafinha at all. How many times must we learn this lesson?! Spurs fans and their hard-on for recognisable names.

Neither have set the world alight since their massive moves and I don’t want hand-me-down players.

Only Chelski will offer that kinda money. Well, maybe Woolwich. He was really good at Leeds but at Barca he's yet to "deliver" regularly

I really can't see it - 70m fee and £200k pw (£10m pa wages).

His goals/assists record is not good enough to justify that sort cost

Back
Top Bottom