Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Conor Gallagher is one of those players you would appreciate more if he played for your team. He's a bit one paced and can give the ball away a fair bit at times. But his work-rate is phenomenal week in, week out. You also can't argue with his ability to get a goal from midfield as he's almost in double figures in the Premier League this season for a dysfunctional team. I may go against the grain with this one but think he would be a solid signing for around the 50 million mark. 24 is a great age too as he still has a few years of improving before he's at or near to his peak.

I think Conor Gallagher is one of those players you would appreciate more if he played for your team. He's a bit one paced and can give the ball away a fair bit at times. But his work-rate is phenomenal week in, week out. You also can't argue with his ability to get a goal from midfield as he's almost in double figures in the Premier League this season for a dysfunctional team. I may go against the grain with this one but think he would be a solid signing for around the 50 million mark. 24 is a great age too as he still has a few years of improving before he's at or near to his peak.
Skylar Astin Corage GIF by The Roku Channel
Law And Order Svu GIF by ION
laura bell bundy young bucks GIF by After The Reality
season 2 facebook watch GIF by Strangers
Well Done Vegan GIF by FoilArmsandHog

I think Conor Gallagher is one of those players you would appreciate more if he played for your team
this is true due to him being a dog in there. you want all your players to work hard! he lacks quality. i liked lamela due to his hunger to win games of football but lets be honest he lacked quality. we need to be buying quality. 50m should buy you someone who works hard AND has genuine quality.

a good scouting network would easily get this done. if you cant go out and easily get better value than gallagher for 50m, then you need to rip up the scouting network and prioritise getting a competent one in place.

The goal that Sane scored against Real is what I want to see in our wingers.

Being able to pick up the ball at 45 degrees to the corner of the box and run *directly* into the box. The can also cut across, they can also go wide, but there has to be the threat of attacking in the straightest line possible.

this is true due to him being a dog in there. you want all your players to work hard! he lacks quality. i liked lamela due to his hunger to win games of football but lets be honest he lacked quality. we need to be buying quality. 50m should buy you someone who works hard AND has genuine quality.

a good scouting network would easily get this done. if you cant go out and easily get better value than gallagher for 50m, then you need to rip up the scouting network and prioritise getting a competent one in place.

He does have some qualities besides a great engine. Someone that presses as good as anybody, is rarely injured and also has a goal in him, along with the fact that he can play in a few positions, he's the kind of player every squad needs. I'm only thinking domestically though, not saying there aren't alternatives.

Haven't looked for a while but his thread on the shed end stays even if he does play for your team you're not overly keen

He does have some qualities besides a great engine. Someone that presses as good as anybody, is rarely injured and also has a goal in him, along with the fact that he can play in a few positions, he's the kind of player every squad needs. I'm only thinking domestically though, not saying there aren't alternatives.
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fac46e950-555c-11ed-b965-3a5f647316f8.jpg

I think they were just shit buys tbh. Theres been loads of championship players that have done well.

Clarke is still in the championship as is Rodon, and is Sessegnon could play more than 2 games in a row, he'd probably be in the championship too. So that tells you everything about their ability.

Clarke was some sort of money laundering to Poch's mate. Cant understand why else we would buy him. Rodon was a cheapo stop gap when we also bought Gedson and covid destroyed our finances. Sessegnon is just a fuck up.

......but apart from all that it's been great, yeh? Lol

Ps. We didn't stop buying champo players.
We didn't buy Gedson.
Clark wasn't money laundering.

What does the club want, because with villas resurgence, and united to no doubt spend big Levy's target of 4th will never happen with mid players.

Watching that game carefully, there are so many basic players in the team that can never play quick one touch stuff ending in a good shot or a killer pass . Majority of them just aren't built for it. That work better in a countering team or a more passive system .

Kulu , son, and Johnson close to pointless, they just can't play that kinda football. Was actually longing for Timo that game.
None of them have a good first touch, none of them can pick a pass, none of them can beat a man and pull a team out of their shape.

Same again for the entire midfield , bar maddison and kinda bentancur kinda at a push!

Emerson obviously also.

With udogie back That's just the 6 players from the starting lineup alone that would need to be replaced
Fuckin ell

Over to u Daniel :levywtf:

Keep:

Vicario
Romero
Van De Ven
Porro
Udogie
Dragusin
Sarr
Maddison

Bench: