Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s not a team in the world that will have a transfer window this good. I think you need to adjust your expectations.
Context is everything. Had you read what I said not inanely plucked a sentence, you would have seen the names I used were illustrative. They were place holders. As we were talking about Daniel Levy's tenure, perception vs reality they could have been Mane, VVD, Neves. You would have also read the subtext being I fully expect to not to sign these players. I didn't I'd been particularly subtle either...odd .😒

Last edited:
Context is everything. Had you read what I said not inanely plucked a sentence, you would have seen the names I used were illustrative. They were place holders. As we were talking about Daniel Levy's tenure, perception vs reality they could have been Mane, VVD, Neves. You would have also read the subtext being I fully expect to not to sign these players. I didn't I'd been particularly subtle either...odd .😒
Even if they’re placeholders - if you think signing six 40m+ players is something a club like Tottenham should be aiming for, then the main issue is your expectation.

Only Chelsea would do that. How did that work out anyway?

FFS we need to be ruthless, guy's way to injury prone and not good enough anyway, sell him
He doesn't want to go to Saudi and no one else is in for him, what are we supposed to do?

He's been injured about as much as Isak has, I don't see people talking about him being injury prone.

Isak is clear of Richarlison, don't be silly.

Richy literally scored 1 goal last season ffs
lol, using last season against him.

I rate Isak highly btw, he's been better than Richy this season for sure but I don't think Isak is as clear of him as people think.

For one, Richy can actually head a football.

I rate Isak highly btw, he's been better than Richy this season for sure but I don't think he's as clear as people think.

What?

So you can use Isak's form from 2021/22 as a basis of your argument but I can't use Richy's form from last season, brilliant. 🤦‍♂️

Fantastic he can head a ball, Isak is better than him at every single other aspect of football, genuinely astounded anyone with a pair of eyes can debate this.

I rate Isak highly btw, he's been better than Richy this season for sure but I don't think Isak is as clear of him as people think.

Isak is unbelievably clear. Much faster, can actually beat his man, his fundamental technicals are miles better (first touch, ability to just find space in the box etc) as a striker.

Richarlison is better aerially and he works harder, that is literally it. Isak is a much more top level footballer.

What?

So you can use Isak's form from 2021/22 as a basis of your argument but I can't use Richy's form from last season, brilliant. 🤦‍♂️

Fantastic he can head a ball, Isak is better than him at every single other aspect of football, genuinely astounded anyone with a pair of eyes can debate this.
Yes, because Richy barely got any minutes last season. Isak got double the minutes that season.

Isak is obviously a better overall footballer, no debate.

But Richy is better in the box which is what I care about most when it comes to strikers. He's also a lot better out of possession.

Most people obviously care more about other things like overall technique. Personally I mainly care about how they perform in both boxes.

Larry David Reaction GIF

Yes, because Richy barely got any minutes last season. Isak got double the minutes that season.

Isak is obviously a better overall footballer, no debate.

But Richy is better in the box which is what I care about most when it comes to strikers. He's also a lot better out of possession.

Most people obviously care more about other things like overall technique. Personally I mainly care about how they perform in both boxes.

Again this is my point :rolleyes:

You have this weird habit of debating with people and then literally agreeing with them lol

You can keep your heading and pressing stats, I'll rather have a striker who has more to his game and is a better all round striker, that's what we need to aim for anyway.

Back
Top Bottom