Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/thespursweb/status/1793346325364277672?s=46&t=fbqxNuG9CT4qTaiJx8mBjg

Not sure what to make of those quotes but Ange may end up forced to toe the party line and pretend he’s happy with Werner.

I’ll be honest, I was optimistic for last summer but I’ve got a really bad feeling about Levynomics and this summer. The Kane money has been spent and he wants to sell equity from the club. The purse string is going to tighten. All the noise about backing Ange is eerily familiar.

View: https://x.com/thespursweb/status/1793346325364277672?s=46&t=fbqxNuG9CT4qTaiJx8mBjg

Not sure what to make of those quotes but Ange may end up forced to toe the party line and pretend he’s happy with Werner.

I’ll be honest, I was optimistic for last summer but I’ve got a really bad feeling about Levynomics and this summer. The Kane money has been spent and he wants to sell equity from the club. The purse string is going to tighten. All the noise about backing Ange is eerily familiar.

Sounds to me like he’s not fussed about him coming.

Perhaps he’s suggesting that he won’t be starting and needs to accept being second / third choice?

He scored 4 goals in 1450 minutes this year. Don't think I'd be rushing to sign a guy with character issues and his history.
1 was aided by the refs not noticing Toney move the ball 3 feet over on a free kick.

1 was a gift of a back pass by Udogie when he was 30 feet offside.

Also, if we’re serious about Toney, I hope our due diligence includes a significant investigation into whether his gambling was an addiction or a short term, tremendously dumb mistake. We can’t afford a £40-50m mistake, if he’s capable of falling into that hole again.

Sounds to me like he’s not fussed about him coming.
Perhaps he’s suggesting that he won’t be starting and needs to accept being second / third choice?

Exactly what’s worrying me from the quotes.

He’s definitely not saying Timo was great and it’s a no brainier to take up the option.

Which should instantly be enough to write it off. The fact that he hasn’t smacks of cheap option kept on the back burner. And every single one of us in here knows how that usually goes.

1 was aided by the refs not noticing Toney move the ball 3 feet over on a free kick.

1 was a gift of a back pass by Udogie when he was 30 feet offside.

Also, if we’re serious about Toney, I hope our due diligence includes a significant investigation into whether his gambling was an addiction or a short term, tremendously dumb mistake. We can’t afford a £40-50m mistake, if he’s capable of falling into that hole again.
My personal opinion is the juice isn't worth the squeeze. I'm not even sure which bodes worse for him, a gambling addiction or the fact that as a non-addict he's capable of such massively poor risk analysis.

If he'd been scoring at a ≈150min/goal pace consistently in the PL , it'd be worth analyzing. If I were Levy/Paratici/Lange, I wouldn't even waste 10 minutes considering him.

My personal opinion is the juice isn't worth the squeeze. I'm not even sure which bodes worse for him, a gambling addiction or the fact that as a non-addict he's capable of such massively poor risk analysis.

If he'd been scoring at a ≈150min/goal pace consistently in the PL , it'd be worth analyzing. If I were Levy/Paratici/Lange, I wouldn't even waste 10 minutes considering him.

Personally it smacks of agents using our name to get bidders.

When did we ever sign players at 29 with no sell on value for 40m? Especially when they aren’t scoring goals,

Everything Ange speaks about with character and specific players that want to come here for the challenge is the opposite of what Toney has said himself in interviews.

Personally it smacks of agents using our name to get bidders.

When did we ever sign players at 29 with no sell on value for 40m? Especially when they aren’t scoring goals,

Everything Ange speaks about with character and specific players that want to come here for the challenge is the opposite of what Toney has said himself in interviews.
Toney has only just turned 28 in March. Offer £30 million max take it or leave it. They need to sell this summer.

Toney has only just turned 28 in March. Offer £30 million max take it or leave it. They need to sell this summer.

Can see another Raya situation here.

We'll give you this amount. No negotiation, if you don't want our money, run the risk of losing out on the money and him fucking off for less.

I'd like Dani Olmo for this summer, I think he is a good fit.

No we need a pacey winger who can beat his man 1v1.

200.gif

Why though?

He’s not scoring goals and they have been scoring more goals without him.

He’s not even a great fit for the system, he’s a direct ball target man. Has he ever made a run across the 6 yard box in his life?
He’s scored many goals in the six yard box. Target man means presence. We have zero up top. I’m not all in on him but I’m a fan the same as you are for Richy or Simons.

My mind is made up on Ederson tonight. He’s exactly what we need as a sitting midfielder. You watching the game?

He’s scored many goals in the six yard box. Target man means presence. We have zero up top. I’m not all in on him but I’m a fan the same as you are for Richy or Simons.

My mind is made up on Ederson tonight. He’s exactly what we need as a sitting midfielder. You watching the game?
Does Ange like a sitting midfielder, don’t think so. As you say we need one to protect our centrebacks as they are spread wide to cover the inverted fullbacks.

Fair enough. Toney just gives me all the wrong vibes but I have never met him and have way less information than the club making the call.

I’m not watching the game but Ederson is a funny one. Is he still running with a strange gait like he’s wearing a backpack?

If he’s sitting then that’s different to the one game I watched because he was very much a box to box role that game and didn’t do much. I saw flashes but nothing special.

What’s he up to tonight?

Back
Top Bottom