Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough. Toney just gives me all the wrong vibes but I have never met him and have way less information than the club making the call.

I’m not watching the game but Ederson is a funny one. Is he still running with a strange gait like he’s wearing a backpack?

If he’s sitting then that’s different to the one game I watched because he was very much a box to box role that game and didn’t do much. I saw flashes but nothing special.

What’s he up to tonight?
He’s running fine 🤣🤣

They have been so aggressive in the press he’s all over the place but always filters back into the sitter or 6 if you want to call it that. Scalvini came on and looks a right good centre back who can play centre mid too.

tumbleweed GIF

Not once in the 8 years I've been here has he had the balls to answer that question...........

Fear of not being able to move the goalsposts....... Fear that if he pretends to be reasonable; that bar might just be met......

.......None more bad faith than he.

Last edited:
A bit concerning that we’ve basically got no names aside from Gallagher and Eze (both hugely expensive and likely protracted deals)

You are hilarious......... Already whimpering before the end of May.

.........Will you be having nightmares and losing sleep again by the time June comes around (like you confessed to last year)?

Besides; there's been a fucking long list of players mentioned already.... Go and have a wank over NewsNow.... You'll sleep better at least..... For now......

Last edited:
He’s not even a great fit for the system, he’s a direct ball target man. Has he ever made a run across the 6 yard box in his life?
With all due respect, we had 2 strikers this season whose game was basically just this, but it hardly helped us did it? Son is the best finisher of his generation but everyone agrees his all round game at CF is too weak to be relied upon, and yes Richy had his hot streak but it's not like the team played particularly well in any of those games as a result (bar maybe United away which ironically was the one game Richy's hold up play and all round game was up to scratch, even if his finishing wasn't).

I keep hearing about Ange-ball strikers just being these guys to get on the end of crosses, Kyogo's basically. But I don't care what team you are, in the Prem you need your CF to be an all rounder. Look at the best, most effective CFs in the league. You've got the likes of Haaland, Isak, Watkins, Kane last year; all such a handful, none of them pure finishers, all can hold it up well, battle, link up the play.

And then you've got guys like Havertz, Firmino, Jesus for City; none of them goalscorers but all of them have been a key part of the best 3 PL teams of the last 5 years. If anything that shows to me that if you want to be competing for Prem titles that that aspect of the game - hold up, link up, target man, keep possession, bring others in, combinations, game intelligence - is more important from you CF than their pure goal tally, especially if like Richarlison you offer little else if you're not scoring with your first touch.

As for Toney, that's him to a T; he brings others into the game, battles, wins possession, great touch, headers, good dribbler, passer, hold up, link up, smart player. And he has a great composed finish to boot. People looking at his pure goal tally (for Brentford of all teams) and writing him off are really missing the mark. Son would absolutely love playing with him.

Last edited:
Ederson impressive again tonight.
Gallagher only if we hold Chelsea to ransom circa 30-35m
No to Toney for me, better out there.
If Richy stays can see Levy pulling the rug from under at least one transfer.
Werner meh, only want him if someone better comes in as well and if that happens is there any point if keeping Solomon?
Outgoings will be interesting, could be as many as 10+ if Levy is prepared to take the hit on several, which will likely be necessary due to ffp.

Again it's all in Levy's court, we are in a great position with Ffp, stadium, youths flying etc, but will he be willing to eventually back a manager fully?

Only "solid" rumours are CHO in and Royal out.
And, of course this one... :rolleyes:

View: https://x.com/SB8308715342770/status/1792572096293339155

And today's update..

View: https://x.com/SB8308715342770/status/1793301315340075293

Why would we pay 10 times what forest paid for CHO? Has he improved that much? Hasn’t he got a bad injury record as well. This is the sort of deal that keeps holding us back. Another low to mid range player to go with Johnson, kulu, richi et al. None of these would get into front 3 of city, dippers, goons, toon and even trans like Villa and chavs. We need proper quality in the front 3 not another squad filler. Double the £30M for CHO and just get eze or ollise what ever it costs!

Sounds to me like he’s not fussed about him coming.
Yes to me as well which is disappointing. Again why go for £15M here £30M there on average players? Ffs promote the youth and use the money saved in transfer fees and wages to go for real quality. If we keep buying players like Werner who is 27/28 we will end up again like we always do trying to shift dross.

Does Ange like a sitting midfielder, don’t think so. As you say we need one to protect our centrebacks as they are spread wide to cover the inverted fullbacks.

Agreed. We should be ok with Bissouma /Bentancur/ Sarr /Skipp at the 6 next season. We need more attacking output out of the two 8s. Way too big of a drop off after Maddison.

Back
Top Bottom