Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how that's relevant to whether Brentford want to sell him
It is if they think they can get £70 million for him. They want to sell him for the "right fee", understood, but anyone paying that wants help. At 28 he isn't going to get any better and his record means he should go for £30-40 million.

From what I have seen of Gimenez (about 5 games last season) I think there is definitely something about him but it’s yet another punt on a striker

Toney is a cunt but we know he can score goals and hold the ball up in the premier league
He scored 4 goals in 1450 minutes this year. Don't think I'd be rushing to sign a guy with character issues and his history.

His 3 PL seasons:
242 mins/goal (mid)
148 mins/goal (very good)
362 mins/goal (shit)

Toney may be good, but let's not pretend he's not a gamble. And he's a twat, to boot.

It is if they think they can get £70 million for him. They want to sell him for the "right fee", understood, but anyone paying that wants help. At 28 he isn't going to get any better and his record means he should go for £30-40 million.
Fair enough, yeh I'd agree with that. I actually think now would be the perfect time to buy him precisely because of that. Wait a bit for Brentford to get desperate, then offer £25-30m. Chelsea and Woolwich are looking elsewhere.

Even if they’re placeholders - if you think signing six 40m+ players is something a club like Tottenham should be aiming for, then the main issue is your expectation.

Only Chelsea would do that. How did that work out anyway?
Where are you getting I think from. I repeat I don't expect it. I said it would change the perception of what Levy actually cares about . I don't think your heads in this one, so perhaps pick a fight you actually care about. Or move on period. As we seem to be discussing diffrent things. How about that bashing the France under 17 team took off England? Any concerns about the development of the age group?

Hey pal!

Can I ask, what would be your 10/10 window? And who would you like us to sign, realistic or not?

How much does levy need to spend in your mind to justify ‘backing the manager’ in your opinion?

Thanks!
tumbleweed GIF

Back
Top Bottom