Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't even need to go that deep. Appointing Jose then Conte was a terrible mistake and one that should've seen Levy get the sack. First, yeah they were ex Chels to beginning with, but mainly they never were Spurs...their DNA is the polar opposite to that of the club, but Levy wouldn't fucking know cause he ain't Spurs - and never will be - either.

Also, you appoint win now managers, you better give them every single tool they ask for. You ain't ready to do that? Simple. Don't bring them in.

How that mug is still our chairman after them two + Nuno, how'd you want Spurs to not be a banter club. Especially when the cunt gives himself a fat bonus on top of it. The message it sends? That failure is rewarded here.

We need to change our DNA if we want to compete, rather than make up the numbers

We sold the best striker in the world for 100m and proceeded to score more goals without him.

Id say getting depth for our defence that currently consists of Emerson Royal, Ben Davies and Joe Rodon is much more of a pressing issue.

This summer we need a CB capable of playing full back, a full back for the opposite side, a central midfielder and someone capable of playing outwide/through the middle.

Being linked with defenders is hardly a shock when we've conceded 60+ goals because the depth of our back four isn't good enough.
I don’t put that down to our back 4. We have cover at LB and CB via Drag (VDV moving to LB), need a right sided player but just not a priority. Our forwards are awful - back 4 are decent but we do need some cover

View: https://x.com/JosephBrown_974/status/1802468168771768518

No idea who Joseph Brown is. No idea if Haidara is any good either but there is fuck all else going on.

Haidara, like Bissouma, plays as DM and CM and, again like Bissouma, is from Mali - so when the ANC takes place Spurs will be without both of them :cool:
Regarding Joseph Brown: he was right about this - i.e. that Leeds won't accept any deals below £15m for Gray :cool:

View: https://x.com/JosephBrown_974/status/1802470531322490970

Issue is, you also need that defensive midfielder to be really fucking good on the ball and thats a really shallow market right now.

We're honestly best off hoping Bentancur can get back to his pre injury best with a pre season under his belt and Bissouma refinds his confidence and consistency that we saw at the beginning of last season.

Protecting the back four becomes much less of an issue when your offence can protect the ball.
I trust Vic will be even better next season...bet he's bulking up as we speak and he's clever enough to find a way with them set pieces. Just needs to be a bit cuter, shithouse even. Backup goalie options do worry me, though.

Personally, I'm playing Micky at LB. I trust him to produce as much as Udo going forward, but defensively it's night & day between the two, mainly as VdV never ever gives up. And imagine Udo coming on against tired legs dor the last 30 or so mins.

Meaning we'd need a new starting LCB. If he's Italian, gotta say I'm liking that Buongiorno more than I do Calafiori. But the one I'd like is the Everton kid...he's already good, but Cuti would make him a true beast. Big Ben as cover is plenty fine.

Romero the obvious starter at RCB, but Radu should still get plenty minutes, especially if we go 3 at the back some games.

A new RB who's better defensively than Porro is key. English, please.

CDM? Maybe Bergvall is that guy. Kid's got a great physique for his age and technically he's very good. But yeah the PL ain't Sweden. Would be good to see that Tyrese kid a few times too, apparently Ange is a big fan. But yeah a proper new Dembele remains the dream.

Spurs Transfer window....

Toney
Gallagher
Toney
Gallagher
Toney
Gallagher

true detective time GIF

What sort of behavior is that?

It's TFC...and the transfer thread on top of it.

If we don't call each other's mam a fat rotten slag every other post, what's even the friggin point being on here?
Your mams a fat rotten slag, but I agree with RA that you make a very good point/argument

Back
Top Bottom