Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t get sucked into the horse shit machine goaty, you’re better than that 😉
As I remember it, I'm not sure if it's from Swedish media or somewhere else, Bergvall chose Spurs because he was promised a place in the A-team squad. I'm not sure he wants to be sent on loan before he gets a chance in preseason.

Not especially

We sold the best striker in the world for 100M and didn’t replace him. Surely that’s the priority

We sold the best striker in the world for 100m and proceeded to score more goals without him.

Id say getting depth for our defence that currently consists of Emerson Royal, Ben Davies and Joe Rodon is much more of a pressing issue.

This summer we need a CB capable of playing full back, a full back for the opposite side, a central midfielder and someone capable of playing outwide/through the middle.

Being linked with defenders is hardly a shock when we've conceded 60+ goals because the depth of our back four isn't good enough.

We sold the best striker in the world for 100m and proceeded to score more goals without him.

Id say getting depth for our defence that currently consists of Emerson Royal, Ben Davies and Joe Rodon is much more of a pressing issue.

This summer we need a CB capable of playing full back, a full back for the opposite side, a central midfielder and someone capable of playing outwide/through the middle.

Being linked with defenders is hardly a shock when we've conceded 60+ goals because the depth of our back four isn't good enough.

Yes but we also conceded goals with our first choice defenders because our forwards can’t keep the ball and play in situations that aren’t transitions.

Better forwards would help us concede less

Yes but we also conceded goals with our first choice defenders because our forwards can’t keep the ball and play in situations that aren’t transitions.

Better forwards would help us concede less
We'll see. But you can't stop all breaks, and if all breaks occur when our defence are always in the opposition half, we'll always concede a lot of goals. And also the lack of a plan at set pieces is a worry. You can't blame Johnson having a 50/50 first touch for that.

Deep down, most of us know that Conte wanted toys the club wasn’t willing to buy.
Don't even need to go that deep. Appointing Jose then Conte was a terrible mistake and one that should've seen Levy get the sack. First, yeah they were ex Chels to beginning with, but mainly they never were Spurs...their DNA is the polar opposite to that of the club, but Levy wouldn't fucking know cause he ain't Spurs - and never will be - either.

Also, you appoint win now managers, you better give them every single tool they ask for. You ain't ready to do that? Simple. Don't bring them in.

How that mug is still our chairman after them two + Nuno, how'd you want Spurs to not be a banter club. Especially when the cunt gives himself a fat bonus on top of it. The message it sends? That failure is rewarded here.

I personally think is more important to get a DM in that can protect the defence better than Current midfielders seems to be able to.

I personally think is more important to get a DM in that can protect the defence better than Current midfielders seems to be able to.

Issue is, you also need that defensive midfielder to be really fucking good on the ball and thats a really shallow market right now.

We're honestly best off hoping Bentancur can get back to his pre injury best with a pre season under his belt and Bissouma refinds his confidence and consistency that we saw at the beginning of last season.

Protecting the back four becomes much less of an issue when your offence can protect the ball.

Don't even need to go that deep. Appointing Jose then Conte was a terrible mistake and one that should've seen Levy get the sack. First, yeah they were ex Chels to beginning with, but mainly they never were Spurs...their DNA is the polar opposite to that of the club, but Levy wouldn't fucking know cause he ain't Spurs - and never will be - either.

Also, you appoint win now managers, you better give them every single tool they ask for. You ain't ready to do that? Simple. Don't bring them in.

How that mug is still our chairman after them two + Nuno, how'd you want Spurs to not be a banter club. Especially when the cunt gives himself a fat bonus on top of it. The message it sends? That failure is rewarded here.

Can’t argue

We get 20m Euro for Royal and this one is 40m Euro. So what Royal sold and £16m, is this guy good?
When you look at it that way, 16 mil for Vanderson ain't a bad deal, yeah.

Defo a good player, but his fitness worries me. Mainly, I think he's too similar to Porro ie good going forward but plenty room for improvement when it comes to defending. I'd rather we sign someone who can keep tight at the back when we're leading. And an English lad would be good too.

Back
Top Bottom