Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Them rules are friggin silly IMHO.

Should just be English vs foreign import. Period.

Instead, they should look at all them South Americans getting Italian, Spanish or Portuguese passports faster than a 15yo virgin splash his load on a titty mag. Friggin joke.
The issue is that players can play for the country they play in if they live there long enough and don't have caps from their home country.
So let's say Sarr had never had a call up, in a few years he could qualify as English and play for England. In order to account for that eventuality, you have to define what homegrown is.
And you could easily argue a player who has come up through a clubs academy is homegrown regardless of where they're from.
The only alternative is to have dual homegrown status. Where you're from and where you're at.

I can only speak on my behalf, but I don’t think people are falling for it.

It’s just good fun. Transfer speculation is a hoot. We get to throw names around, laugh about things and speculate.

I’d suggest the ones that get uptight about it are taking things a little too seriously.

Yeah you're probably right. On here. On Twitter it is all taken as gospel.

Got a bull finish the other night too....
Been playing darts for years tbf, have the odd trophy......even have the beer belly to go with it!......☹
Keep it up anyway......👍
I've just started, got me one of them sweet electronic board with several game modes. Proper sucked for weeks, couldn't hit shit...but darts starting to land where I meant. Few 20s, few bulls, the odd 60 or more pts round.

Friggin addictive that thing.

If you want to pay for the upkeep of the site then fair play but to pay for ITK? You have to be a special type of idiot.

Most of them saying they have paid are probably in on it.
The upkeep is nowhere near as expensive as they make out. The right way to make money to pay for the upkeep is to charge users a nominal fee for some extra content. They currently have 919 members online from a quick look.
If they charged them £1 a year to access a part of the forum, that would easily pay for the forum upkeep outside of any ad revenue it could generate.

Seems a few PL teams want Rodon - Southampton, Leicester, wolves.

Might make it harder to do a Gray deal unless Rodon is keen to go back to Leeds rather than playing the pl?

Thinking of Udogie, VDV, Vicario and Dragusin - none of whom I'd heard of until we were linked with them, I'm wondering which hidden gems we might be bringing in. They don't have to cost stupid money to make a big difference.
Now try thinking about it after putting a knotted hankie on your head, a la Monty Python.

I tried it myself and this is what I got;

SPEND BIG.
GIV ME NOO SHINEE!

Make sure there is someone else in the room to take the hankie off your head, as you'll be too stupid to remember to take it off yourself.

Last edited:
giphy.gif
Bingo!!!

Classic JT post!

Great stuff. What do I win?

Openda
Williams or Simons
Gibbs-White or Eze
Gray
Geertruida
new backup goalie
On paper, that'd be a very strong window, defo a show of ambition.

Not being pessimistic for the sake of it, but I just can't see it happen. Openda is at least 60-70 mil, as much if not more for Williams/Xavi, reckon MGW would cost round 40 and Eze gotta be 60 with all the talk. Leeds know what they got with the kid do it'd be no less than 30 + bonuses. Geertruida is another 40.

Absolutely zero chance our beloved jeffe spends 200 or so mil this summer, especially after signing off on a massive pay packet for the best winger in the world. Heck, we could sell Porro & Cuti to Real for a combined 120 mil and it still ain't happening.

Reckon we'll overpay for Eze and probably will do the Leeds lad for a ridiculous amount (so anything over 20mil), but the rest will be punts like Morata on loan and some C-list defender out of nowhere.

On paper, that'd be a very strong window, defo a show of ambition.

Not being pessimistic for the sake of it, but I just can't see it happen. Openda is at least 60-70 mil, as much if not more for Williams/Xavi, reckon MGW would cost round 40 and Eze gotta be 60 with all the talk. Leeds know what they got with the kid do it'd be no less than 30 + bonuses. Geertruida is another 40.

Absolutely zero chance our beloved jeffe spends 200 or so mil this summer, especially after signing off on a massive pay packet for the best winger in the world. Heck, we could sell Porro & Cuti to Real for a combined 120 mil and it still ain't happening.

Reckon we'll overpay for Eze and probably will do the Leeds lad for a ridiculous amount (so anything over 20mil), but the rest will be punts like Morata on loan and some C-list defender out of nowhere.

Based on our history under Levy I have exactly the same expectations as you mate.

Which is why I was trying to clarify it for cretinousgoat cretinousgoat

When people ask what I'd like to see when I say the owners don't want to invest to win, it's easy to get bogged down with that debate.

Examples make it easier. There are plenty of links out there that are just obviously lower budget versions of the better players in the positions/roles it looks like we need to invest.

Based on our history under Levy I have exactly the same expectations as you mate.

Which is why I was trying to clarify it for cretinousgoat cretinousgoat

When people ask what I'd like to see when I say the owners don't want to invest to win, it's easy to get bogged down with that debate.

Examples make it easier. There are plenty of links out there that are just obviously lower budget versions of the better players in the positions/roles it looks like we need to invest.

But we have also been linked to the more expensive players too.

Either you believe all the links or none of them. You can't just cherry picks the links you don't like and make that what you're basing your opinion on.

Time, as always will tell.

Seems a few PL teams want Rodon - Southampton, Leicester, wolves.

Might make it harder to do a Gray deal unless Rodon is keen to go back to Leeds rather than playing the pl?

Get more money from a PL team for Rodon and pass it on to Leeds for Gray if that's what it takes.
It shouldn't make any difference to them if they're gonna have to lose Gray either way

But we have also been linked to the more expensive players too.

Either you believe all the links or none of them. You can't just cherry picks the links you don't like and make that what you're basing your opinion on.

Time, as always will tell.
Eh?

My post was based off every link and which ones are more likely to happen considering the clubs economic model.

Back
Top Bottom