Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm banking on this because I have no idea who this kid is. But I see Udogie, Sarr, VDV etc and trust that he'll have what we need.

I have absolutely no idea how non-pros seem to know so many players from other leagues (and in different countries) and have watched them regularly enough to be able to judge how good they are. I mean, Leeds games aren't even televised that much, are they? Unless you watch players in games week in, week out, you don't really know for sure how consistent they are unless maybe you chat to their fans and trust their judgement. Certainly not by reading stats or watching brief highlights with shit beats and singing chipmunks in the background.

No offence to anyone here, but I'll trust the scouts this transfer window over the fans.
Don't worry about the offence, anyone who would "trust" a fan assessment needs their bumps felt.

I know nothing of Gray, haven’t seen him play. Reading on here though I still know SFA. Some seem to think he’s the next big thing others that he’s over rated. Time will tell I guess, but what about some of our youngsters that just won the U21s? I saw a few play at the MCG friendly v Newcastle and a couple of them looked pretty good.

I reckon it’s 50/50 when you recruit young kids. Who knows how Gray or Bergvall will be with the step up?
For every Udogie there’s a Sessengon etc.
some players make the step up and some don’t. If anyone knew the reasons why they‘d make a fortune as a recruiter or agent.
When you think about it, how lucky are we that Udogie turned out to be the diamond he is!

More stuff coming out about Fofana.
According to TuttoJuve, Spurs are now leading the race to sign Youssouf Fofana this summer in a deal that could be worth a reported €30m (£25m). The AS Monaco midfielder has also attracted the interest of Juventus, Woolwich and Manchester United but all three top clubs coulld lose out to Spurs, who may well get an ideal replacement for Hojbjerg and a player who could slot in next to Rodrigo Bentancur next season.
What kinda player is he?

More stuff coming out about Fofana.
According to TuttoJuve, Spurs are now leading the race to sign Youssouf Fofana this summer in a deal that could be worth a reported €30m (£25m). The AS Monaco midfielder has also attracted the interest of Juventus, Woolwich and Manchester United but all three top clubs coulld lose out to Spurs, who may well get an ideal replacement for Hojbjerg and a player who could slot in next to Rodrigo Bentancur next season.
We’ve been leading the race for about 20 players lately.

He’s a very reactionary type account, wanna be AFTV or the bald Liverpool lad who’s an absolute horror.

His point seems to be that amusingly basic ‘we shoulda gone and got Isak!’

As if the richest club in the works we’re gonna sell their star striker, he was gonna want to come to us over a host of other CL clubs etc

Easy peasy.. such a basic lack of understanding.

Surprise surprise Newcastle hold on to Isak and Bruno.

For definite Mikey and Bergvall will be getting significant minutes for the first team next season.
Would be something if we had Gray, Bergvall, Moore, Udogie, Sarr, Dragusin, VDV and err...Troy all playing in the same team. :rolleyes:

I must say I’ve seen very little of Gray playing, but on paper you can see why we’re going for him as in theory he should/could be a very astute signing.

Ideally, he should come in as a prospect, covering the inverted RB position when Porro is out and be developed as another technical CM, of which you can never have too many.

He shouldn’t be brought in as our main CM signing though, but considering he’s probably going to cost give or take £40 million and be the most expensive Championship Player ever, I fear that is what we are signing him as.
I expect you had the same fears when we brought VDV in as a starter?

AP has said multiple times, and been quoted in here even more often, that he wants young, hungry players. Players that aren't just happy to 'be at a big club,' but will back themselves to challenge for a starting spot.

Believe me, AP has the mindset that if you're good enough, you're old enough, he's shown that throughout his career.

I really hope we do get him. I'm loving seeing young talent, real talent, being brought into the club. If our data research and scouting is on point, we will have some awesome players in our books.

I understand where you're coming from in relation to 'ready made' players, and I agree that we should be getting a more established one in (Eze for me), but we don't really know how a player like Gray would make the step up, any more than we know that Eze would fit in seamlessly. A better chance you would think, but there are no guarantees in Football.

Back
Top Bottom