Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who gives a fuck what players JT wants to sign. We pay people millions of pounds to do that for us.

If you find his posts so boring put him on ignore. Simple stuff. Your incessant whining about him is no more tiresome.

If you don’t like FOKs posts, take your own advice and put HIM on ignore.

Your incessant whinging about posters rightfully calling JT out is also tiresome.

Right now we are shaping up to be a Rolls Royce in defence and midfield but a Fiat Punto in forward areas.
Need two big first XI attacking signings.

What I’m half expecting now is that they go after Doue as the long term Son replacement that can play either wing, then go for a marquee #9. As long as they nail that #9 I’m fine with it.

But none of this Ivan Toney nonsense. Or even David. If your big signing to change the game up front is a 9, make them a real game changer

In my opinion; Archie Gray looks less promising than a 19 year old Ryan Sessegnon did 5 years ago.

Spurs just never learn.

If he signs of course I would want him to do well but; Ollie Skipp looked very decent after one full season in the Championship.

The irony of Skipp being part of the deal to bring Gray in tells you something.

Gray is 6' 2" which will probably help him in the Premier League.

Apart from that I find it difficult to be enthused.

Spurs need players for now.
Don't forget that Sessegnon was never it. He even got injured several times while still recovering from previous injuries...

I know nothing of Gray, haven’t seen him play. Reading on here though I still know SFA. Some seem to think he’s the next big thing others that he’s over rated. Time will tell I guess, but what about some of our youngsters that just won the U21s? I saw a few play at the MCG friendly v Newcastle and a couple of them looked pretty good.

I reckon it’s 50/50 when you recruit young kids. Who knows how Gray or Bergvall will be with the step up?
For every Udogie there’s a Sessengon etc.
some players make the step up and some don’t. If anyone knew the reasons why they‘d make a fortune as a recruiter or agent.

I have very close ties to the Dewsbury-Hall camp and know for a fact they've been pushing him to Spurs for a while but he was always down the pecking order on Paratici's famous list.

Let's see whether he breaks into the first-team.

What I’m half expecting now is that they go after Doue as the long term Son replacement that can play either wing, then go for a marquee #9. As long as they nail that #9 I’m fine with it.

But none of this Ivan Toney nonsense. Or even David. If your big signing to change the game up front is a 9, make them a real game changer
Agree completely, that’s who though Openda or Gkoyores?

More stuff coming out about Fofana.
According to TuttoJuve, Spurs are now leading the race to sign Youssouf Fofana this summer in a deal that could be worth a reported €30m (£25m). The AS Monaco midfielder has also attracted the interest of Juventus, Woolwich and Manchester United but all three top clubs coulld lose out to Spurs, who may well get an ideal replacement for Hojbjerg and a player who could slot in next to Rodrigo Bentancur next season.

You sound like a chick whose birthday her man once forgot when he had loads of shit on his mind. Bought her a ton of expensive presies, posh dinner, flowers, the lot...upon realising his fail.

Still, every now & then (so at least once a month) she reminds him of that one time he messed up the cruel bastard.
He sounds like that?

You're aiming that at the wrong audience.

Half a Billion spent in the last 5 seasons, and we still have whingeing about us being "cheap."

The only difference is that we get the whinge daily.

One of the problems I see is there just aren’t that many good players out there that are available at a price we can or, at leas are willing, to pay.
what striker options are there for example? Toney, David, Gimenez?
all a bit underwhelming. Toney for 40 mill might be the best option but it hardly thrills me

Back
Top Bottom