Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doubt it considering we're still looking at Eze/Ramsey.

Gray just kills two birds with one stone (RB and DM) I guess meaning hopefully more of the budget can be spent elsewhere.
I don't consider Eze a CM and still think we will go for him.

If Gray is our only CM signing that's dissapointing but the fact that he covers RB as well is good.

That Leeds forum seems to mirror what I’ve seen. He’s become a little overhyped/rated by a few people and others have just run with it. He looks neat and tidy most of the time but not convinced on how high the ceiling is.

Actually think Ramsey has the bigger potential. a couple of really good attributes that if he stays injury free he could really come good. His quick feet, change of pace and ball carrying look a level above Grey. Know they’re different ages/positions but still for the prices being talked about it’s a big risk imo.
In my opinion; Archie Gray looks less promising than a 19 year old Ryan Sessegnon did 5 years ago.

Spurs just never learn.

If he signs of course I would want him to do well but; Ollie Skipp looked very decent after one full season in the Championship.

The irony of Skipp being part of the deal to bring Gray in tells you something.

Gray is 6' 2" which will probably help him in the Premier League.

Apart from that I find it difficult to be enthused.

Spurs need players for now.

It's really really weird at this point. It's like Brexiteers and Remainers. Anyone on this site, a site specifically set up to discuss the minutiae of club football, who isn't one hundred percent behind the clubs modus operandi, or is in support of its strategy, likes a player, don't like a player, is immediately accused in some utterly arch bullshit way of being 'melt' 'stooge' 'rimming Levy' 'hating' Levy'. 'Supporting ArsenaI'if other people's opinions are so offensive to you or, 'it's so boring' why the fuck are you here? Inanely like or disliking or laughing.

Yeah bonkers.

There was zero meltdowns about Gray to Brentford in here.

I even went and had a look at the bastion of good behavior that is Spurscommunity and their Gray thread was melt city in comparison.

This place was super level headed but still some decided to get defensive on behalf of the club. And now the deal is back on they have no idea how to feel because they should switch to saying how exciting it is but it's too soon :ange-lol:

I don't have an issue with the 35m valuation. It will be more like 10-15m net if Skipp or Rodon are thrown into the deal.

We are getting rid of deadwood and replacing them with a versatile HG option with a very high ceiling. We desperately need cover for Porro and game time won't be an issue because Gray will get minutes in midfield too.

Our hit rate on signing young players has been good over the past few years so I think the chances of him being a complete dud are very low.

We have moved on from the days of 30m for Sess and 35m for Regulon etc.

I don't have an issue with the 35m valuation. It will be more like 10-15m net if Skipp or Rodon are thrown into the deal.

We are getting rid of deadwood and replacing them with a versatile HG option with a very high ceiling. We desperately need cover for Porro and game time won't be an issue because Gray will get minutes in midfield too.

Our hit rate on signing young players has been good over the past few years so I think the chances of him being a complete dud are very low.

We have moved on from the days of 30m for Sess and 35m for Regulon etc.

Also why GLC to Villa for Ramsey makes some sense too. We aen't great at selling players and it takes us forever. Tie the outs in with some refreshing of the squad, it's smart.

Gray would be a top signing for RB / DM, the guy is a huge talent and would be first team right away, even if in a squad role.

I would imagine Leeds want cash, and cash up front, they have a monster 180mil or so transfer debt with something like 60mil due this financial year.

I could see Rodon / Skipp going the other way but in a more prolonged financial scenario, with payments spread or loan with Obligation to delay the payments.

They don't have FFP issues, they have cash problems within this 12 month period related to transfer debt.

I'm banking on this because I have no idea who this kid is. But I see Udogie, Sarr, VDV etc and trust that he'll have what we need.

I have absolutely no idea how non-pros seem to know so many players from other leagues (and in different countries) and have watched them regularly enough to be able to judge how good they are. I mean, Leeds games aren't even televised that much, are they? Unless you watch players in games week in, week out, you don't really know for sure how consistent they are unless maybe you chat to their fans and trust their judgement. Certainly not by reading stats or watching brief highlights with shit beats and singing chipmunks in the background.

No offence to anyone here, but I'll trust the scouts this transfer window over the fans.

Back
Top Bottom