Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he's also fucking amazing.

There is Raphinha, a full Brazil international that plays his position in the squad and a Spaniard Ferran Torres who can play both wings but he's better than both so he plays.
He's been outstanding at the Euros too though...and he's keeping Raphinha out of the Barca starting XI

100%

Hes one of the best teenage footballers ever tbh. My comment wasn't a dig at him. More the cultural differences between how Spanish teams treat their young players in comparison to English clubs.

If Moore doesn't get minutes next season, that isn't down to his ability. If he came through La Masia and plying his trade in Spain, he would be playing. More how we develop young players as opposed to other counties do.

Glad rodon has gone. Crap. Remember a 33 year old cavani giving him the runaround. One of hitchens last disaster signings. Weve done good in the gray deal.
Whilst not a fan of Rodon either, our Football Economics Experts claiming that Archie Gray actually only cost £25m seem to be forgetting we signed Rodon for £15m from Swansea.

We know Sonny struggles playing up front and Richy has s better track record than Toney? Not sure about that.

We can rely on the scouting team as much as we want but the truth is the striker market is horrible and there's barely any stand out players at the moment that we can realistically purchase and say that they will take us up a level.

If you're looking for a young prospect like Bergvall/Sarr then you gotta wait 3-4 years for them to come good, pointless...and we bought Veliz for that reason anyway.

Toneys best season in the top flight is 11 non PL goals, Richarslon has several better than that and last season he had a pretty solid goal rate when played as a CF in this team under this manager.

It's not pointless to go for a prospect if you can't identify a striker better than what you currently have. Change for change sakes isn't the answer - if there was an obvious upgrade available, like Isak sure go all out for it, but swapping one 6 or 7 out of 10 player for another gets you nowhere

If Yamine Lawal can get minutes at 16 for Barca, then Mikey Moore can get minutes at 16 for Spurs. Moore doesn't look miles off physically and they are both rated as generational talents in Spain and the UK.

Ange has given him his debut already and I wouldn't put it past him to start him in the EL if we have already secured a spot in the next round. Then it's up to the player to show he's good enough.
I'm completely confident that Mikey will get significant minutes this term.

Toneys best season in the top flight is 11 non PL goals, Richarslon has several better than that and last season he had a pretty solid goal rate when played as a CF in this team under this manager.

It's not pointless to go for a prospect if you can't identify a striker better than what you currently have. Change for change sakes isn't the answer - if there was an obvious upgrade available, like Isak sure go all out for it, but swapping one 6 or 7 out of 10 player for another gets you nowhere

What we REALLY don't need to do is sign a striker for the sake of signing a striker and then still have to find a better one next summer. Whilst also having to find a way to shift one of the ones we already have.

if that ended up having to persuade Levy to take a huge hit on the 60m we spent on Richy or find a buyer for 30 year old Ivan Toney, that is a mess we can do without.

Sign the best forward available to us this summer. If that is a RWF then cool at least we are signing a player we 100% want and 100% makes us better.

Maybe something in the Walker-Peters rumours resurfacing. I mean its obvious Gray will end up a midfielder eventually but thought he might cover right back for the coming season. I certainly dont see us going for a 6 now.
View: https://x.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1808077010817913130?t=hoLc3PmqB08QQHr7XWoUig&s=19

bissoumas understudy / competition i think. which is good for both of them, still think there's great talent in Yves, more so than a clogger like Declan just not the consistency of Rice.
Another midfielder than can play as an 8 or a 6 like bentancur, bissouma and Bergvall

just bring in Eze now and the midfield will be complete

Back
Top Bottom