Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe something in the Walker-Peters rumours resurfacing. I mean its obvious Gray will end up a midfielder eventually but thought he might cover right back for the coming season. I certainly dont see us going for a 6 now.
View: https://x.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1808077010817913130?t=hoLc3PmqB08QQHr7XWoUig&s=19

This is a very good account if I remember called a lot of things about up and coming players previously. They see him as a DM.

View: https://x.com/premleaguepanel/status/1808074745075601576?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

Apples and oranges comparison considering 1 was playing for an attacking team and the other was playing for a defensive team, Richy scored 14 last season for us whilst Toney scored 21 in his previous season for a team who sat back, context.

Also look at the type of goals Richy scored his goals, a lot of them were tap ins and being in the right place at the right time...

How many goals did he need to create for himself for example? I'm just thinking back...he scored a worldy against Everton and that was it...Are we really saying Toney wouldn't better that...considering Toney is a better striker than Richy I find that hard to believe.

In terms of buying a prospect, we are talking about a key area in our team who we want to be no1 striker, buying a young player who we need go wait on for a few years to mature does nothing for us, that's literally the reason we have players like Veliz, Parrot and Scarlett...what we need is a seasond ready striker now.

What we need is a top level striker, if one is not available then stick with the one we already have who is a step below rather than adding another.

Strikers for Anges teams tend to score tap ins/finish off moves that's how his teams set up as far as I can see.

Fwiw when played as a CF last season Richy had a record of 9 in 14 in the league (whoscored.com) that's solid/good - over a season that would equate to well over 20 goals.

Point taken on apples v oranges but these debates always are

You call it a downer, I call it a hypocrisy check.
Lankshire is as much a signing as Udogie, Sarr, Bergvall, Devine and a lot of other 16-18 year olds.
They're developing elsewhere and then we're taking a punt.

We either loan them out or stick then in the Ux age teams and see how they get on.
Isn’t that the way it kinda works with football being a bit of a pyramidy thing?

If scouting out and picking up another team’s top prospects because you’re further up the food chain is ‘taking a punt’ then aren’t Real Madrid the ultimate ‘taking a punt’ team?

It’s Lankshear, btw.

In Gray's interview he spoke about his versatility meaning the squad size didn't need to be huge.

He's been told that by Spurs and I reckon that is the plan. I'd be shocked if we signed a RB. Maaaaaybe we sign that Geertruida who can play all 4 positions along the back 4, or even Chalobah. But if Porro needs a rest I am guessing Gray is first up. Same for Bissouma.
Yeah it seems to me we will see a lot of him next season.

People are quick to write it off because of his age but you don't drop that kind of dough unless you expect an immediate impact.

Due to their versatility I think we sent plenty of both Bergvall and Gray at RB/6/8 and even 10 in Bergvall's case.

I'm a big Johnson fan and think he will do well this season, but Sonny is still a few levels above him. Sonny's numbers are great every year. He is a great winger and could score 20+ goals a season if he plays as striker, also nobody presses as well as Sonny. Hopefully Johnson can learn things from Sonny while we still have him.
Completely agree. But Sonny at 23 wasn’t a few levels above Johnson. Let’s see how Johnson develops.

Maybe something in the Walker-Peters rumours resurfacing. I mean its obvious Gray will end up a midfielder eventually but thought he might cover right back for the coming season. I certainly dont see us going for a 6 now.
View: https://x.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1808077010817913130?t=hoLc3PmqB08QQHr7XWoUig&s=19

I'd like more experience in midfield personally. So many times last season we looked naive on the pitch and in certain situations. A bit more know how would go a long way.

Back
Top Bottom