Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd like more experience in midfield personally. So many times last season we looked naive on the pitch and in certain situations. A bit more know how would go a long way.
But our experienced players were the ones who were naive. I do agree about experience. Imagine Kante in our side. He’s been excellent in the euros. I know it’s not an option but someone who just knows how to control a game with and without the ball. He’s probably the only Chelsea player I’ve not hated 🤣

Toney ain't a bad player but Solanke would be a much better fit for us on my opinion. Toney likes to drop off, Solanke is an excellent pressing striker.

I would genuinely rather pay more for Solanke than the 45m for Toney.

That's a fair shout, fans will go into meltdown though as the name isn't sexy enough.

Brentford fans on their forum have still convinced themselves that Gray wanted to go to them over us.. It's just that Leeds pushed him to us so they could get Rodon

:ange-lol:

Nice to see the New York Times and The Athletic report this morning that he told Leeds to reject the bid from Brentford.. Despite Leeds desperately needing the money.. Because he didn't want to go Brentford and wanted to speak to us instead.
They would have Rodon anyway, as Levy wanted rid.

Lankshire was at Arse and Sheff Utd academies before we bought him at 17.
Is that even a real academy player? Kane started at Arse but was at Spurs by 11

Probably talking about different players !

Will Lankshear played in Spurs academy team for a year before playing for Spurs u21's and becoming PL2 player of the year and PL2 top scorer. He joined Spurs at a young enough age to become 'Club Trained'

The logic isn't logic'ing my friend :D

If we need a top level striker then why are we happy to continue with Richy?
As for the top level striker...there is literally no top level striker on the market within our reach, unless our chairman decides to smoke crack and hand Osimhen big wages.

I don't understand why we are acting like Toney is incapable of finishing off moves and scoring tap ins, as an aside why do we need a top level striker to do just that?

If all Ange's strikers need to score tap ins and finish off moves then we'd play Son up front and continue with that but we know that's a problem because his hold up play is lacking so everything literally points to Toney who has exceptional hold up play, he isn't as good as finisher as Son but he's a better finisher and all round player than Richy.

And on Richy last season 11 in 28 isn't that impressive for an attacking team who play on the front foot, he hit a purple patch in the middle of the season and wasn't consistent throughout the whole season.
We have been linked with strikers with less return

Toney ain't a bad player but Solanke would be a much better fit for us on my opinion. Toney likes to drop off, Solanke is an excellent pressing striker.

I think for those prices for those player, I'd rather just stick with Richarlison until someone great becomes available.

Tell me the striker market sucks without telling me the striker market sucks.

Already talking ourselves into players like Toney and Solanke.

I think for those prices for those player, I'd rather just stick with Richarlison until someone great becomes available.
Yeah that is the thing Richarlisons numbers were good last season but he struggles for fitness and isn't a tidy player. I would have both, we bought Richarlison 2 seasons ago, will likely be sold next season anyway.

Competition for places is good.

Back
Top Bottom