Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I recenty found out that Norman Hunter died of Covid in 2020.

So did Deebo
Sort of. Like most people who died from covid it was the straw that broke the donkies back.

If you're not a 90's kid, Deebo is Tommy "Tiny" Lister. One of the last people you'd expect to die from nasty flu.

View: https://x.com/thespurscaptain/status/1808120964942532778?s=46&t=fbqxNuG9CT4qTaiJx8mBjg

This account called a bunch of things early. Especially on the Gray/Rodon deals

Maybe this is BS, maybe there is an offer and the club and player aren’t fully against it

I could have predicted this tbf. All the public apologies etc are just for THFC. The players may feel very differently to the words they spoke.

If it's guaranteed then it's not earned
It’s earned by their performances to date and a commitment to develop them.

I obviously get your point, but an exceptionally talented player has every right to expect the club, including the manager, to see the player as part of the first team and immediately involved.

This doesn’t have to be an arrogant assumption. Simply an upfront commitment by both parties.

So did Deebo
Sort of. Like most people who died from covid it was the straw that broke the donkies back.

If you're not a 90's kid, Deebo is Tommy "Tiny" Lister. One of the last people you'd expect to die from nasty flu.

I could have predicted this tbf. All the public apologies etc are just for THFC. The players may feel very differently to the words they spoke.
It’s one to watch.

I doubt this is Son or Lolo pushing a transfer because they fell out over it.

More likely Bentancur has offers and we are considering them because of his contract.

If Bentancur does go then we go hard for Ramsey imo

It’s earned by their performances to date and a commitment to develop them.

I obviously get your point, but an exceptionally talented player has every right to expect the club, including the manager, to see the player as part of the first team and immediately involved.

This doesn’t have to be an arrogant assumption. Simply an upfront commitment by both parties.
I think we’ve clearly told Gray and Bergvall they are part of the first team and they will be involved.

What they haven’t been told is they are guaranteed to start. I guess there is grey area (sorry) in the space between what is implied and what the player believes they can get based on who is in the squad.

If I’m Gray I look at our CMs and RBs and I like my chances

Only if we sell Solomon and/or Richarlison. Its still why i dont get the logic in bringing Werner back. We currently have 7 players for 3 positions and other than a 32 yr old Son are any really good enough?
I can hold out on a striker if we want a really good one but the options being shit this window is delaying it till next season perhaps.

think we need a winger more personally this window

I have no issue with a young player looking to move to a team that will guarantee his development.

There are plenty of PL teams where playtime is not ‘earned’, rather given based on who is in favour with the manager.

Guaranteed development is a 2 way thing and doesn't exist.

We signed Sessegnon with him having prioritized development but thanks to injuries and his performances, ut didn't work out.

I would say Bergvall and Gray are like Udogie and Sarr in that they have been told their development will be prioritized by us. Nobody is guaranteed anything at a big club.

I guess that grey area in the language is where the 2 of us can be saying the same thing but a player could hear different things....

Been thinking about this. I like Solanke for us better than Toney.

I don’t like him for that price at that age.

On balance, I wouldn’t do it.
I think he's at a good age as he's matured as a player, Still should have a good 4-5 seasons at this level. with good planning we should be having a good young striker contributing too in the coming years.

I think 50-60m is the rate for good CF. The next level up and we start hitting the 80-100m forwards and we all know we ain't paying that.

Back
Top Bottom