Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I started doing my spreadsheet 12 years ago and just noticed total spend on players is £1164 million.
We must be odds on to spend at least another £40 mill this summer bringing Spurs spending to an average £100 million English quids every year.

Last edited:
The eye test isn't subjective at all, Toney is just a better all round striker, can you tell me what Richy has over Toney apart from first time finishing?

The stats say in the last three seasons that both players have been in the Prem, Toney has outscored him and that's even when you want to ignore the logic of Toney playing in a team with a defensive play style every season.

Those stats will be skewed by the fact that Toney has played his last 3 seasons as a CF, whereas Richarlson played out wide while we had Kane at the club (2 of his last 3 seasons)

As a CF last 3 seasons

Toney 81 starts, 36 goals
Richarlson 38 starts, 17 goals

Gpg there is both 0.44.

You then factor in penalties, Toney's 20 goal season was helped by having 9 penalties - I don't have the data on his other seasons or Richarlsons total but it's pretty likely that once that is factored in Toneys ngpg tally drops substantially.

Numbers taken from whoscored.com

Lankshire was at Arse and Sheff Utd academies before we bought him at 17.
Is that even a real academy player? Kane started at Arse but was at Spurs by 11
He's been learning his trade in our academy. What he's done previously might have a bearing, but that really only for the rudiments of the game.

That's like saying you're not a University graduate, because you went to other schools beforehand. His REAL learning is being done at Spurs.

What is the either/or here?

Either Doue or Eze AND Neto?

Either Neto or Eze AND Doue?

Either Neto or Doue AND Eze?

My guess is that Palace sold Olise and Eze might be off the table and they are looking at Doue AND Neto.

If that is the case, I could fucking get behind Doue and Neto coming in. I know there issues with Neto's hammys but if they are sure about it and they could rotate the front 3 to avoid injuries. Neto would be a fucking lethal option. Doue covers Maddison when he's out and can play either wing, maybe even pushes to start when Son plays CF...We cover the now and the future.

60 mil for them two is blatant book-cooking shit.

Same for that Omari kid at 20mil.

But the powers that be won't say zilch.
Thing I don’t get is right with ‘all these clubs helping each other’

Forest must want Anderson? Like, he’s there now in their books, they’re paying him a wage… they’re not gonna take him if they don’t want the player at all? It’s not really beneficial if you get stuck with a player you don’t want?

60 mil for them two is blatant book-cooking shit.

Same for that Omari kid at 20mil.

But the powers that be won't say zilch.

Probably found a way to send money out the back door, round to the buying clubs, through a machine wash at 40c and then back into their own bank account with a clear balance again.

Bent.
As.
Fuck.

Not saying we should but if the club still feel they need another right back i dont see them dropping £35m/£40m on Vanderson after spending £40m on Gray. For what its worth i think Walker-Peters would be mad coming back, he needs to be a first choice somewhere.
With Gray secured we have a decent backup for Porro- we won’t be playing as if a man down like we were with Emerson on the pitch.

With VdV able to capably deputize at LB, Dragusin can cover LCB and Davies either spot if we find ourselves in an injury crisis.

It’s good enough to cover what we need and improve on what we had. KWP would be an awesome signing as FB coverage on either side but it’s no longer necessary for us to buy there.

I like that Gray can play RB but I’m most excited for him to play CM, and hope the majority of his focus and game time goes there.

- Game time (compared to say PSG)
- Opportunity to play in the premier league
- world class facilities
- Ange and Paratici seem to have a good draw

Individually might not get it done but combined could be the difference.

Maybe he's seen as the successor to Son (not the same type of player but the same sort of position).

He'd live in London, play in a good and attacking team which will give him chances, and earn a very good cheque on top of it. What's there not to like?
I hope we can begin to make the difference with top talents!

I always think “if you were advising this player and you only cared about his best interests, what would you recommend?”

I think Tottenham is a more compelling answer to players like this than ever before.

Ange's comments on ITV about him loving all the young players being thrown in and trusted at the euro's is looking like it could be a preview for us next season... Archie Gray, Bergvall, maybe Mikey Moore and maybe Doue if that can be done.. I think he's preparing to give them a lot of important minutes next season.. Even if we as fans may be tentative about whether they're ready or not.. He might just see it as a case of throwing them in at the deep end and lets see who can swim.

Back
Top Bottom