Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The logic isn't logic'ing my friend :D

If we need a top level striker then why are we happy to continue with Richy?
As for the top level striker...there is literally no top level striker on the market within our reach, unless our chairman decides to smoke crack and hand Osimhen big wages.

I don't understand why we are acting like Toney is incapable of finishing off moves and scoring tap ins, as an aside why do we need a top level striker to do just that?

If all Ange's strikers need to score tap ins and finish off moves then we'd play Son up front and continue with that but we know that's a problem because his hold up play is lacking so everything literally points to Toney who has exceptional hold up play, he isn't as good as finisher as Son but he's a better finisher and all round player than Richy.

And on Richy last season 11 in 28 isn't that impressive for an attacking team who play on the front foot, he hit a purple patch in the middle of the season and wasn't consistent throughout the whole season.
If Toney fails to attract interest from the other bigger clubs, I could see Levy waiting, driving price down, and signing him for much less than $40m.

At 25m or less fee, it starts becoming a decent deal for us even considering wages and such.

Who know if it will happen though. I’m surprised Woolwich haven’t signed him already- think he’d be perfect for them. With the other top clubs seemingly uninterested right now, it’s looking a lot like he could fall to us, and if so you know Levy would just love to nickel and dime Brentford into the ground.

Bayern are not stacked in the OMF position.
They have Thomas Müller who's turning 35 and , Jamal Musiala, who can also play as a WF.
With Kingsley Coman, and Serge Gnabry expected to leave and Bryan Zaragoza yet to "produce" there could be plenty of playing time for Désiré Doué.
In fact, it could be a very shrewd move by Bayern
If it's between us & Bayern, he'll speak German and wear lederhosen soon.

He's got the Mathys Tel example to follow.

I’d think it’s Doue or Neto

+

Eze

At messy I’d like to think that eze can play across an attacking midfield 3 and behind a striker.

His versatility is his strength.

I'm just not going to get attached to the Doue rumours. He is far too perfect for what we need and for a reasonable fee when added to his potential.

View: https://x.com/Ligue1_ENG/status/1792945231303692579?t=EYaIYUUNcrS7UX27T6RjMw&s=19

Seriously, sort of guy who will end up going to a big club and being a star if we miss out. Obvious.

He's exactly the kind of player we are lacking it seems, thing if we get him, or a similar player, we'll flourish this season.

If Toney fails to attract interest from the other bigger clubs, I could see Levy waiting, driving price down, and signing him for much less than $40m.

At 25m or less fee, it starts becoming a decent deal for us even considering wages and such.

Who know if it will happen though. I’m surprised Woolwich haven’t signed him already- think he’d be perfect for them. With the other top clubs seemingly uninterested right now, it’s looking a lot like he could fall to us, and if so you know Levy would just love to nickel and dime Brentford into the ground.
Completely agree. I think that will happen…

It’d be classic levy, maybe between him and Richy rotating there’s 25 goals there.. I just don’t wanna see Son through the middle under any circumstances

Back
Top Bottom