Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doue is an insane talent. If we can get him it'll be one of the biggest coups since Bale and Dele.
I agree. I’m a little unsure why he would choose us but I’d be delighted. Maybe we have Dortmund vibes these days…

Plenty of playing time in a competitive league and a chance to play in Europe. It’s on us to prove we’re not just a stepping stone.

Has he? What part of his game has improved so much?

Guess we'll see if last year was a true breakout season or just one-off, but i don't want to be the club that pays up to find out
He plays further up the pitch now than he used to and he takes more shots. Hes got good striker instincts, he's physically strong and quick and he works hard. Also great in the air.

dropping down to the championship helped him a lot as he scored 30 league goals in his last season there and really helped his confidence.

77 games 39 G/As in all comps the last 2 seasons since Bournemouth got promoted back in the Prem and they were dreadful for half a season until O'Neil went there

I agree. I’m a little unsure why he would choose us but I’d be delighted. Maybe we have Dortmund vibes these days…

- Game time (compared to say PSG)
- Opportunity to play in the premier league
- world class facilities
- Ange and Paratici seem to have a good draw

Individually might not get it done but combined could be the difference.

Plenty of playing time in a competitive league and a chance to play in Europe. It’s on us to prove we’re not just a stepping stone.
Maybe he's seen as the successor to Son (not the same type of player but the same sort of position).

He'd live in London, play in a good and attacking team which will give him chances, and earn a very good cheque on top of it. What's there not to like?

Back
Top Bottom