Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I must say I’ve seen very little of Gray playing, but on paper you can see why we’re going for him as in theory he should/could be a very astute signing.

Ideally, he should come in as a prospect, covering the inverted RB position when Porro is out and be developed as another technical CM, of which you can never have too many.

He shouldn’t be brought in as our main CM signing though, but considering he’s probably going to cost give or take £40 million and be the most expensive Championship Player ever, I fear that is what we are signing him as.

Right about what? This a fucking transfer thread and he hasn’t talked about one fucking transfer!

Just the same myopic levy bs again and again and again. It’s also just his opinion.

He’s entitled to it and there’s a whole o th er thread for that gloom! He’s been asked 100 times on here one fucking player he’d actually like us to sign or what would be a good window in his opinion and he’s never answered!!

Probably because opining on that would lose his capacity to bitch about levy if any players he mentioned turned out shit!

It’s so fucking tiresome and guess what..

It’s not even July.

:mourbye:
Who gives a fuck what players JT wants to sign. We pay people millions of pounds to do that for us.

If you find his posts so boring put him on ignore. Simple stuff. Your incessant whining about him is no more tiresome.

I'm banking on this because I have no idea who this kid is. But I see Udogie, Sarr, VDV etc and trust that he'll have what we need.

I have absolutely no idea how non-pros seem to know so many players from other leagues (and in different countries) and have watched them regularly enough to be able to judge how good they are. I mean, Leeds games aren't even televised that much, are they? Unless you watch players in games week in, week out, you don't really know for sure how consistent they are unless maybe you chat to their fans and trust their judgement. Certainly not by reading stats or watching brief highlights with shit beats and singing chipmunks in the background.

No offence to anyone here, but I'll trust the scouts this transfer window over the fans.
No one on here has a clue

We can make a deal with Leeda, estimate Gray at 35 M for their accounting and loan fee 3 M to go back in one season loans . Rodon if he accepts to other ways 17 M. And Skip on one season loan with option of 20M.

The kids we loaned back were Sarr, Udogie and Bergvall for a few months. All of them 8-15m.

Gray is 35m+. He’s not going back on loan surely?
It’s pretty clear we want to shift Emerson and Spence so we can bring in a RB. That’s going to be Gray and he will play minutes at the #6 too,

After this maybe they go after Doue, then a senior CM and #9. As long as the CM and #9 are starting 11 and improve us now, that’s good business

The kids we loaned back were Sarr, Udogie and Bergvall for a few months. All of them 8-15m.

Gray is 35m+. He’s not going back on loan surely?
It’s pretty clear we want to shift Emerson and Spence so we can bring in a RB. That’s going to be Gray and he will play minutes at the #6 too,

After this maybe they go after Doue, then a senior CM and #9. As long as the CM and #9 are starting 11 and improve us now, that’s good business
Right now we are shaping up to be a Rolls Royce in defence and midfield but a Fiat Punto in forward areas.
Need two big first XI attacking signings.

Who gives a fuck what players JT wants to sign. We pay people millions of pounds to do that for us.

If you find his posts so boring put him on ignore. Simple stuff. Your incessant whining about him is no more tiresome.

Cheers....He's obsessed with me.

I just scroll past, taking a brief glance and then like....Yeah. Whatever 🤷‍♂️

Right now we are shaping up to be a Rolls Royce in defence and midfield but a Fiat Punto in forward areas.
Need two big first XI attacking signings.
Yeah I can’t shake the feeling we’ll get Toney when no one else comes in at the price Brentford want.

Not convinced by him at all but would prefer him to David

Back
Top Bottom