Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1807397637030625565?s=46&t=LZlJuZ1uaIN4QMovCQVkvQ

I don’t get this at all - apart from Gallagher, Caicedo, Fernandez they also have ugochukwu and chukwemeka AND Romeo Lavia

Wild stockpiling. There were already rumours last season madueke was getting frustrated with the lack of mins

Must mean they want to sell Gallagher. Whether he wants to go or bide his time for 12 months remains to be seen but suspect he will be frozen out a bit if he stays.

Dewsbury Hall is a good player tbf. Probably the best midfielder in the Championship last season by a considerable distance.

But it does sort of show how far Chelsea have fallen.

Lothar Matthäus also started out as a FB before turning into a CMF... ;)
Wasn't he a No 10 at first, then made it as a CB?

My memory's a bit hazy but seem to remember him play as a CAM for Inter back in the early 90s then as a libero for Bayern & Germany.

One thing for sure, he's always been an angry cunt.

More stuff coming out about Fofana.
According to TuttoJuve, Spurs are now leading the race to sign Youssouf Fofana this summer in a deal that could be worth a reported €30m (£25m). The AS Monaco midfielder has also attracted the interest of Juventus, Woolwich and Manchester United but all three top clubs coulld lose out to Spurs, who may well get an ideal replacement for Hojbjerg and a player who could slot in next to Rodrigo Bentancur next season.
Oh Lord, please no.

Such an average player. Seen him live a fair few times and he's never impressed me. Think he'd be our equivalent to Chelsea's Tiemoue Bakayoko, also from Monaco...who's now playing in the French second division.

He sounds like that?

You're aiming that at the wrong audience.

Half a Billion spent in the last 5 seasons, and we still have whingeing about us being "cheap."

The only difference is that we get the whinge daily.
Was only messing, my man.

I like our Yid friend from the north sea...and actually agreed with his point.

Right about what? This a fucking transfer thread and he hasn’t talked about one fucking transfer!

Just the same myopic levy bs again and again and again. It’s also just his opinion.

He’s entitled to it and there’s a whole o th er thread for that gloom! He’s been asked 100 times on here one fucking player he’d actually like us to sign or what would be a good window in his opinion and he’s never answered!!

Probably because opining on that would lose his capacity to bitch about levy if any players he mentioned turned out shit!

It’s so fucking tiresome and guess what..

It’s not even July.

:mourbye:

Like I said in the Ange thread he'll never position himself because he'll have to pick a side which renders his trolling and therefore his entire existence on this forum a bit pointless because then he''d have to stick to a position and actually have the courage of his own convictions for once to actually back his own word.

Just stick the clown on ignore man, pointless people even engaging with him.

I think there were reports a few weeks ago Gallagher didn’t fancy villa.

Tbh he prob just wants to stay
Unpopular opinion time but i'd rather Gallagher. Think we need more leaders, he isnt injury prone and would likely start. Not that fussed on either though tbh.

Gallagher clearly wants to stay at Chelsea. i'd definitely persuaded myself we need him but I've cooled on that big time.

I think with Gray coming in and able to step in a RB and DM, we can afford to step back on the CM signing to see if a deal shakes out that really suits us. We just covered our HG quota and 2 positions for 35m ish, now we shift Emerson and Spence then get focused on attacking players which was Ange's big priority all along.

Back
Top Bottom