Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pl teams are interested in Rodon though, maybe he fancies Southampton or Leicester?

Unless it’s a team with a solid chance to stay up, Leeds is possibly still just as good for Rodon. Wales will still pick him, he knows he will play and they love him there. Leeds are a big club so when they go up, they could actually stay up.

If Leicester got serious then maybe they make sense but it’s Leeds or Leicester next for Rodon surely,

Gallagher is not good enough. He’s just a runner. Archie Gray is miles better
Don’t think Gallagher is going anywhere - He has a year left on his contract and wants to stay at his boyhood club. So either Gallagher makes Bohely give into his contract demands or he gets to go to whatever club he wants on a free next summer - and collect a big signing on fee. Dont think Gallagher is willing to do Boehley any favors - Gallagher gonna put the screws to Clearlake to try and get a big extension.

I think Rodon is worth £15m-£20m to Leeds - he was a rock for them at CB for 23/24

Might well be £10m cash on top to Leeds, or even Spence returning to Leeds instead which would be a bit ironic as it was Spence being injured at start of his loan to Leeds coinciding with Gray's excellent form at start of 23/24 which screwed up Leeds loan for him.

Either way we sell an unwanted player and maybe some cash for a very interesting young player who ticks a lot of boxes for us - RB, DM and potential to be Club trained. He plays 2 years above his year group for England which is also a good sign.
His contract is up in a year, there's no way they're getting £15m+ for him from Leeds.

Don’t forget Donelly Devine or Moore
Donley, Devine and Lankshear are all 19 and despite being highly rated still considered nowhere near ready for the first team. It Gray and Bergvall go straight into first team contention ahead of them at 17/18 then I wonder how highly or club rate our youth.

What happened? I followed this thread and Gray had a medical booked for Brentford, then i jumped 10 pages and all of a sudden he's seemingly coming to Spurs.

Need the special Ange personal touch!

Sign Here GIF by Eternal Family
Only the top prospects get the Ange personal touch. The lesser ones get a two DVD pack of "Ted Lasso" and "Crocodile Dundee", an autographed Tanguy Ndombele jersey, and an offer sheet for 30% of what they are worth signed by Daniel Levy.

I expect you had the same fears when we brought VDV in as a starter?

AP has said multiple times, and been quoted in here even more often, that he wants young, hungry players. Players that aren't just happy to 'be at a big club,' but will back themselves to challenge for a starting spot.

Believe me, AP has the mindset that if you're good enough, you're old enough, he's shown that throughout his career.

I really hope we do get him. I'm loving seeing young talent, real talent, being brought into the club. If our data research and scouting is on point, we will have some awesome players in our books.

I understand where you're coming from in relation to 'ready made' players, and I agree that we should be getting a more established one in (Eze for me), but we don't really know how a player like Gray would make the step up, any more than we know that Eze would fit in seamlessly. A better chance you would think, but there are no guarantees in Football.
VDV is very different though.

He is 5 years older than Gray and was a well established Bundesliga defender when we signed him. Hugely different situation.

I hope Gray comes in and becomes an absolute star for us, but considering we already have Sarr and Bergval as young promising talents in his position, and considering the money we’re going to have to pay to get him in, I think we should be going for someone who is going to be a guaranteed improvement on what we already have in midfield.

And I get what you’re saying about Ange wanting young hungry players, but there’s a big difference in that regard between a VDV and an 18 year old with 1 season in the Championship.

Donley, Devine and Lankshear are all 19 and despite being highly rated still considered nowhere near ready for the first team. It Gray and Bergvall go straight into first team contention ahead of them at 17/18 then I wonder how highly or club rate our youth.

It does make you wonder I thought Ange should have given more opportunities to a few last year when we had an injury crisis. Why wasn’t Donelly tried while Maddison was out for months same with Dorrington or Philips when we had no CBs?

Back
Top Bottom