Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's the right profile for us. Young, eager, huge potential.

We have been on the end of a few poor championship moves though i.e. Sess & Spence. Both looked much bigger prospects at the time of signing.
I think that Gray coming in to rotate with Porro will help him in this regard. Sess and Spence came in with the expectation to start and be good from the word go.

Archie will have the luxury of starting out in the understudy role and getting to settle. Kind of like Trippier behind Walker.

Cool! Haven’t seen much of him but hope he’s in the Dele/Wharton/eze bracket that can step up.

Glad we’re up and running! A lot more still to do!

Do we think he’ll play mostly FB for us or as a DM?

We still need a dribbly winger - Doue
Attacking mid to compete with mad - Eze (can also play wide)
A striker (fuck knows…)

Then a left sided defender that can play LCB & LB

Also a 6 prob…

Plus a lot of ours

Hojbjerg, Regulion, Lo celso, Spence etc etc

Crikey.
Not sure we need the six now.

Biss, Bentancur, Bergvall, Gray, Sarr - 5 players that can play the two 8/6 roles potentially.

I think priority now needs to be attacking players. RW and CF and cover for Maddison.

He's the right profile for us. Young, eager, huge potential.

We have been on the end of a few poor championship moves though i.e. Sess & Spence. Both looked much bigger prospects at the time of signing.

I'd rather we gambled on these players than big money on average squad fillers. Covers two positions that will allow us to let on someone like Emerson Royal move on.
To be fair, it's pretty big money. £40m for an 18 year old.

But, he looks good and I'm fairly confident it's money well spent. As someone else pointed out: we've got a versatile RB and CDM as well as an HG spot covered for £25 plus Rodon. That's a deal.

TIL: Archie is Andy Gray's son!

STOP PRESS: It's not the *that* Andy.

:mourbye:

I’d like to think that our new setup with data will reduce the amount of ‘misses’ we have with transfers.
This is the key.

I think our transfers have been good for a couple of years now. We’re signing lots of young and talented players with a lot more hits than misses. A couple more strong windows and we’ll be set for years.

Its a lot of money but sometimes you have to take a chance. I'm old enough to remember a lot of fans incredulous that we spent £10m on a 17 yr old skinny fullback from Southampton.

What we really need now though is players that instantly upgrade the first team. Unless we improve that front 3 and add more creativity then we're stuffed.

It's what Leeds have valued him at from the start.

Most of the guys like Yorkshire_Spurs Yorkshire_Spurs and I think it was Football Chap Football Chap were saying Leeds would never sell for less than 50m.

Market sets the price but if they think he's worth 30m plus Rodon, that kills 2 birds with 1 stone for me because we have so much to get done and he's a serious talent. We want conviction from the transfer guys... well this is what conviction looks like.

Obviously now the cheap bald one can spend 80m on a striker because he's signed 1 player for 2 positions.

I know that sounds great for us to have that depth. But do you really think that Eze really wants to share game time and play out of position when he could play a full game at number 10 at any other club.

If Eze believes in himself then he will think he can send Maddison to the bench. That’s how it should be. There has to be pressure from within the squad to perform for your place. We don’t want players who will be happy sitting on the bench. We want players who will fight to play every minute.

Don't really get the Gray hype and I think spending anything upward of 30m on a teenager who hasn't played a lick of top flight football is mental.

But if the club thinks he ticks the boxes needed and got it done, fair play. He's going to get lots of minutes next season so hopefully he can live up to it.

You obviously haven’t been watching the right YouTube videos …

Back
Top Bottom