Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Merson -

"I watched Swansea win at Palace and they weren't very good, then they lost at home to Newcastle and they weren't very good, so I don't see how they will live with Tottenham, who will be buzzing after their midweek win against Borussia Dortmund.

We have always said they are a good team but they need to win a league game at Wembley. They looked a bit nervous against Burnley and the longer the game went on you thought Burnley could score.

But they went to Everton and ripped them apart - that could have been any score. I don't see too many teams doing that at Goodison Park. I think they win this comfortably.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0"

Lawro -

"The way Tottenham dismantled Everton last week was very impressive.

In contrast, Swansea really struggled against Newcastle.

After seeing the Swans beat Crystal Palace, I was not too worried about Paul Clement's side getting dragged into the relegation battle this season - but any more complete non-performances like that would be a real cause for concern.

Much has been made of Spurs' poor record at Wembley until they beat Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday.

But even if they had stayed at White Hart Lane, it would have been a huge ask for them to repeat their results there last season when they won 17 and drew two of their 19 home league games.

This is the kind of game I would expect Spurs to win comfortably, regardless of the venue."

Lawro's prediction: 2-0
That's us fucked, then. :harrysmile:

Tactically inept today, wrong subs, and poor individual performances.

Need to be better but sadly most of the PL will do this to us.

We were so good against Dortmund because they came to win. We spent the first 45 walking around and passing backwards and then wondered why time ran out later.

Same odd mistakes against crap teams.

Total disappointment today

Tactically inept today, wrong subs, and poor individual performances.

Need to be better but sadly most of the PL will do this to us.

We were so good against Dortmund because they came to win. We spent the first 45 walking around and passing backwards and then wondered why time ran out later.

Same odd mistakes against crap teams.

Total disappointment today

Agreed.

We need to adapt at Wembley and Pochettino's stubborness is costing us here. I thought he evolved after the Dortmund result and realised we can't play the same way we can away or like we did at WHL.

Then he goes and pulls this horseshit today.

This time last year PL points - 9. This year - 8 points. This time last year CL points - 0. CL points this year - 3.
Total cumulative points from games played this time last year - 9
Total cumulative points from games played same time this year - 11
Form of Sissoko improving.
Dele Alli has scored twice.
Kane is scoring again after quiet August, just like last year.
Aurier and Sanchez hitting the ground running. Squad otherwise strengthened. Janssen upgraded.
All while having to get used to a new ground.

But, accordingly to this thread:-

1) Wembley has cursed our season and we'll always be shit there.
2) We are incapable of having a better away record this year
3) Poch's tactics are shit
4) We are no better than under AVB
5) Dele Alli is total garbage and should be binned
6) We haven't signed the players we need
7) We're useless in midfield
8) Our season is basically fucked already and our form is terrible.

I mean jesus, people need to get a fucking grip. We're only a month into the season for heaven's sake.
This is all true AND we played like total shit today.

You are taking valid criticisms of today's performance and acting like people are saying we will be relegated. Same thing that happened last year at Bournemouth. We can't just throw away points against teams battling relegation, which is what we did against Burnley and Swansea today.

We are competing for titles, cups, top 4, etc., and today doesn't change that. But if we can't figure out how to breakdown sides that played like Swansea today then we will be lucky to be in Europa next season, let alone the Champions League or competing for cups and titles.

Fucks sake.

It was a corperate choice, backed by fans thinking it would be 90,000 every week making noise like the Finale against Utd.

I think the reality is creeping in...if the team dont get to grips with it the atmosphere and attandances is going to get worse and worse.
People mock the idea of MK, but to be honest.....and be really honest now, how many of them would rather see us playing there now, in a tight 30,000 ground with a Fulham like away day vibe every week.
Bullshit. Moving to MK with its 30k capacity woul have been so small time and made us the laughing stock of English football. What's the sense in playing the likes of Woolwich, United, Chelsea etc.in front of 30,000 and denying tens of thousands of us from seeing our team. 65,000 v Swansea is a great turnout. Had we gone to MK 30,000 of us would not have been able to go yesterday. I love the fact I can go to pretty much any game I like.
I love the fact we have the the highest home attendance records in English football history.
I love the fact we are achieving home league attendances the likes of Woolwich and Liverpool will never, ever see.
Where we have fucked up though is not slashing prices for a one off season away from home, that was just greed
But, Fuck Milton Keynes. We are Tottenham Hotspur, mate.

Back
Top Bottom