Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Awful.

Shambolic to start with our best full backs on the bench.
Why start with a goal threat at wing back?
Why then go and take that goal threat off when he was probably our best player?

Just mind numbingly stupid today.

West Ham next. At least it's a fucking away game.

I'm gonna get a bashing for this, but most of Poch's experiments are a disaster.

He's played Son at LWB before and he was awful and gave away a penalty. Did he learn his lesson? No, let's do it again. Son played well, but he played well in spite of this tactical decision, not because of it.

Whenever Poch needs to influence a game and change it from the bench he can't.

Trippier at LWB and Sissoko at RWB is flat out embarrassing. Should have simply moved Jan to LB and played with a back 4.

Like I said earlier, the tactical decisions here were absolutely shocking, from the starting line up, to the half time changes, to the lack of crosses coming in once Llorente came on the pitch, to the subs. Poch had a shocker today and the team didn't help him either.

Why we needed to rest Davies against Swansea when we're playing Barnsley or whatever they are during the week is ridiculous. Having Trippier and Son at LWB is just stupid what a waste, no more Trippier over Aurier anymore either. Bad team selection today and it cost us.
Because Davies played two fucking games already in the last week?

Cue the media banging on about Wembley hoodoo again.

Just wasn't our day. They raised their game. It was a cup final for them. I don't think you can really knock their effort. Robbed of a penalty that would have given us the three points and made up for those cross bar hits.

So nothing to do with playing Trippier LB and leaving out Davies for the whole match......or subbing our biggest goal threat? Or wasting our chances?

I love Poch but that was on him. Sonny starting at wing back...Sonny being taken off despite looking threatening...llorente being put on and we proceed to stop crossing....Sanchez not being taken off despite Swansea not even trying attack and Sanchez playing poorly...Trippier moved to left wing back.

Great work by Swansea, never seen a team try so hard for a 0-0 in my life. It was like chavs v barca in cl, 2 fullbacks on each side 4 centre backs, 1 sweeper

Wembley can go fuck itself...
Never was quite the same since they knocked it down and put up a corporate 'modern vision of foitball' version!

It fucking sucks
I hate the place!

So everyone in the meda and in the forum who says the word curse is an idiot you cunt???

Cunt like yourself make people here look bad.

Yes, people saying there's a CURSE on a stadium are idiots.

Even more so people who say there's a CURSE on a stadium when we've just beaten a top top team 3-1 the very same week in that stadium.

I love Poch but that was on him. Sonny starting at wing back...Sonny being taken off despite looking threatening...llorente being put on and we proceed to stop crossing....Sanchez not being taken off despite Swansea not even trying attack and Sanchez playing poorly...Trippier moved to left wing back.
We still got the Champions league guys...

So everyone in the meda and in the forum who says the word curse is an idiot you cunt???

It's not a fcking curse, you lot saying that and the media are fucking idiots yeah, teams were gonna park the bus either fucking way, Wembley or not, we have to beat them regardless of the stadium we play. Ffs.

I guess it depends if you believe in curses or not. Personally I don't believe in anything beyond our control bar the mental state of mind

***1st toke complete*****

My personal ratings from today

Lloris - 5.5
Trippier - 4.5
Alderweireld - 6
Sanchez - 4
Vertonghen - 6
Son - 6
Dier - 4.5
Sissoko - 4.5
Dele - 4
Eriksen - 5
Kane - 5.5

Aurier - 7
Llorente - 5.5

I'm gonna get a bashing for this, but most of Poch's experiments are a disaster.

He's played Son at LWB before and he was awful and gave away a penalty. Did he learn his lesson? No, let's do it again. Son played well, but he played well in spite of this tactical decision, not because of it.

Whenever Poch needs to influence a game and change it from the bench he can't.

Trippier at LWB and Sissoko at RWB is flat out embarrassing. Should have simply moved Jan to LB and played with a back 4.

Like I said earlier, the tactical decisions here were absolutely shocking, from the starting line up, to the half time changes, to the lack of crosses coming in once Llorente came on the pitch, to the subs. Poch had a shocker today and the team didn't help him either.
We played with Jan at LB in a back four in the first half. Just because your TV program showed a back 3 doesn't mean it was. It wasn't close. Switched to back 3 at half time.

Christ, some of the melting within seconds, you'd think Poch was the worst manager in the world and we were utterly atrocious today. In reality we battered them for most of the game and just couldn't break through and get a stroke of luck. Sometimes that happens in football. Last year we got lucky sometimes. I think people forget that. Sometimes it will be the other way.

As for title challenges, who actually thought we would win the title this year? We are in a temporary home with a new stadium to get used to next year. People need to measure their expectations. Top four is a good year and we played sufficiently well in all three of our home games that such a finish is by no means out of sight. So far our away form has been excellent, something people are also forgetting.

Back
Top Bottom