Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino needs blasting for that performance. He's made it so easy for Swansea by having no natural left sided player over there for the whole game. And to not rectify it by not bringing on Davies is incredibly poor. We didn't even use our 3rd sub! Saying that, we created enough chances to put one away. Son scored a near post shot in the week but that only went in because of poor goalkeeping. Twice today he should have shot across goal from a brilliant position. I love Poch but that dropping of points is mostly on him. Tactically naive.

Not enough craft, not enough pace. For an attacking team we are too easily stifled on a consistent basis against lesser teams. Get through this season and ensure we fill these gaps it's too easy to nick points off of us compared to the other big challenging

Christ, some of the melting within seconds, you'd think Poch was the worst manager in the world and we were utterly atrocious today. In reality we battered them for most of the game and just couldn't break through and get a stroke of luck. Sometimes that happens in football. Last year we got lucky sometimes. I think people forget that. Sometimes it will be the other way.

As for title challenges, who actually thought we would win the title this year? We are in a temporary home with a new stadium to get used to next year. People need to measure their expectations. Top four is a good year and we played sufficiently well in all three of our home games that such a finish is by no means out of sight. So far our away form has been excellent, something people are also forgetting.

I'd disagree with "battering" tbh. Controlled possession, yes. But we just didn't create enough.

So nothing to do with playing Trippier LB and leaving out Davies for the whole match......or subbing our biggest goal threat? Or wasting our chances?
Oh, I'm sure it's all to do with whatever you think it is to do with Samuel, but I am in no mood to have yet another pointless debate with you where you'll concede absolutely nothing and argue endlessly with plenty of straw man comments and misrepresentations of what is being said to you.

Just let me know when you write to Levy and apply for Poch's job. :pochsmirk:

Yes, people saying there's a CURSE on a stadium are idiots.

Even more so people who say there's a CURSE on a stadium where we've just beaten a top top team 3-1 the very same week.

Ok idiot. It's sad that idiots don't realize that they ARE the idiots. Idiot.
Go out more and meet some more people. Not everyone takes everything in like you do. You just seem like a
angry little cunt, angry at everything.

Agreed.

We need to adapt at Wembley and Pochettino's stubborness is costing us here. I thought he evolved after the Dortmund result and realised we can't play the same way we can away or like we did at WHL.

Then he goes and pulls this horseshit today.
How did you expect him to set us up here? Like against Dortmund? Why on earth would we do that

Do you still think Dele has been good today then? Simple yes or no would suffice.

When I questioned what Dele is bringing to our attack after half an hour everyone piped up with the smarmy comments.

So people? Verdict on 89 minutes? Did you see someone worth 150M?
Ok
If you want to play that game - then yes.
But you know it's a fucking stupid childish overly simplistic question.

Ok idiot. It's sad that idiots don't realize that they ARE the idiots. Idiot.
Go out more and meet some more people. Not everyone takes everything in like you do. You just seem like a
angry little cunt, angry at everything.

I give you a level headed response.

You call me an idiot and a cunt numerous times, throw a couple of other personal insults at me.

.... I'm an angry cunt.

:deledoubt::llorishuh::sonhmm:

Oh, I'm sure it's all to do with whatever you think it is to do with Samuel, but I am in no mood to have yet another pointless debate with you where you'll concede absolutely nothing and argy endlessly with plenty of straw man comments and misrepresentations of what is being said to you.

Just let me know when you write to Levy and apply for Poch's job. :pochsmirk:

Predictable

How did you expect him to set us up here? Like against Dortmund? Why on earth would we do that

I expected him to set up with our STRONGEST team. Not fucking rest them for Barnsley.

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Aurier - Dier - Alli - Davies
Eriksen - Son
Kane
Wins the game. Simple as that.

Alli in for Dembele due to the fact that Dembele cannot play 2 games in a week and the fact that we don't need two defense minded players against Swansea.

Back
Top Bottom