Takehiro Tomiyasu

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a solid young, hard working defensive player, with an amazing work ethic. Put some English influence into his game and he will be solid. This purchase should happen. Young, affordable and willing to work hard and fight his way into the team.

Foyth's a different sort of player from the sound of it. Creative on the ball but a calamity waiting to happen.

There are worse things than a defender whose strength is defending.
Watched about 15 mins of Tomiyasu clips and it all comes off as very Foyth-ish, even their style of defending. And I’m sure he made errors that obviously no comp maker would show, but I can live with that.

None of our defenders carry the ball out of defence, it’s been a massive problem since Vertonghen declined, Foyth had it and so does this guy.

Defenders can’t just “defend” anymore. They are too crucial to build up. You can see the difference between Maguire and Mings for England.

I remember when we signed Son I thought “he’s ok but not great. Comes cheap”.

I like the idea of signing this guy. With his age and at the prices quoted he is worth a punt.

from a financial side haping a quality Japanese player is not about shirt sales. It’s about generating interesting in the club from Japan to then get TV exposure. clubs earn a stack more money from TV then fans buying stuff.

if we get a good young RB at a cheap price and had the added benefit of increased exposure to Japan, I think this is a great deal.

I really enjoyed looking at your bottom when you were rear of the year. Sorry if this objectifies you.

After a personal appearance at the Kings School Summer Fete in Worcester, where my mother has a cafe very near, you were putting away some boxes into your car and I watched with great satisfaction.

It really was a lovely moment we shared, albeit you unknowingly.

Watched about 15 mins of Tomiyasu clips and it all comes off as very Foyth-ish, even their style of defending. And I’m sure he made errors that obviously no comp maker would show, but I can live with that.

None of our defenders carry the ball out of defence, it’s been a massive problem since Vertonghen declined, Foyth had it and so does this guy.

Defenders can’t just “defend” anymore. They are too crucial to build up. You can see the difference between Maguire and Mings for England.
Am sure defending is a priority. However, it is crucial for defenders to play out from the back thesedays too. Otherwise we will go long all the time. It is acceptable in the 80's, but not anymore

Serious question alert - is this guy any good?
little britain television GIF

Foyth with less errors would be a great signing.

Back
Top Bottom