Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those type of assists are a bit of a piss take. All the goalscorers work
That’s why stats can be shit and misleading. If that counts as an assist then it’s pointless. Modric used to beat 3 players split the defence for Lennon to cut back for a striker to tap in and Lennon would get the assist. I hated that because folk would look at modric’s assists and say he never created enough. Utter rubbish.

That’s why stats can be shit and misleading. If that counts as an assist then it’s pointless. Modric used to beat 3 players split the defence for Lennon to cut back for a striker to tap in and Lennon would get the assist. I hated that because folk would look at modric’s assists and say he never created enough. Utter rubbish.
Key passes these days deal with that. Chances created for the ones that the striker puts in row z too. It works the other way when a creater is setting up a donkey and not getting the assists they deserve.

Counting ‘assists’ and other such bullshit are horrifying American sports-isms which should have no place in the beautiful game.

Back
Top Bottom