Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is that true?
Mourinho wasn't at Spurs long enough to have more than one proper window was he?
All his buys

15/01/2020Gedson (L)
29/01/2020Bergwijn
28/07/2020Devine
11/08/2020Hojbjerg
18/08/2020Hart
30/08/2020Doherty
10/09/2020Ferguson
19/09/2020Reguilon
19/09/2020Bale (L)
02/10/2020Vinicius (L)
16/10/2020Rodon

Last edited:
You did it again and the smiley didn't hide it. Yes he is certainly one of the best I've Ever seen, ZERO HYPERBOLE. He has huge innate ability and he definitely is better at dribbling with the football than Glenn Hoddel. As was Waddle and Gascoigne.

Fuck me you're not even pretending to engage with the substance of the point. Prehaps you don't understand that there is no cognitive dissonce in that statement. Does that make him a better footballer NO of course not I said that MYSELF!! Look do me a favour don't @ me (ever). I genuinely can't stand talking to people too dumb to do nuance. I avoid them in real life and I do the same here.
Dembele was better.

Is that true?
Mourinho wasn't at Spurs long enough to have more than one proper window was he?

According to this, Pochettino had a net spend of €97mil across 11 windows.

Mourinho got a net €104mil across 3 windows.

Levy pushed the boat out way more for him.

According to this, Pochettino had a net spend of €97mil across 11 windows.

Mourinho got a net €104mil across 3 windows.

Levy pushed the boat out way more for him.
The Poch number is more amazing than the Mourinho one in a way. What were we thinking?

Dembele was better.
As a dribbler?

I feel that whilst Dembele was very gifted, his physicality was what made the difference . He could go around people or through them.

His application obviously more effective, but in terms of the range of stuff he could do with a football, Tanguy has way more bows to his string, in spite of how things turned out.

It was obvious why we bought Tanguy and Lo Celso, just like it was obvious why we bought, Rebrov, Postiga and others.

The Poch number is more amazing than the Mourinho one in a way. What were we thinking?
Lack of forward planning from 2017 eventually caught up to Poch.

I believe that he earned the right to rebuild the team, but sacking him wasn’t the big issue because he’d become increasingly frustrated, as much as I was in denial about it at the time.

No, the real mistake was hiring Mourinho and destroying everything that we’d spent 5 years building.

Lack of forward planning from 2017 eventually caught up to Poch.

I believe that he earned the right to rebuild the team, but sacking him wasn’t the big issue because he’d become increasingly frustrated, as much as I was in denial about it at the time.

No, the real mistake was hiring Mourinho and destroying everything that we’d spent 5 years building.
and under poch i belive there was also the wage limit was much smaller i believe
i could be wrong

As a dribbler?

I feel that whilst Dembele was very gifted, his physicality was what made the difference . He could go around people or through them.

His application obviously more effective, but in terms of the range of stuff he could do with a football, Tanguy has way more bows to his string, in spite of how things turned out.
Dembele was miles better than fatso at everything, other than pie eating.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K215btYl-gE

As a dribbler?

It was obvious why we bought Tanguy and Lo Celso, just like it was obvious why we bought, Rebrov, Postiga and others.
Don't make me laugh. Dembele had at least as much talent as Tanguy, and he was a complete professional to boot.

Poch pick
Barely played under him. We'll never know how he would have turned out had Poch stayed.

Here's an interesting read:

Pretty balanced article imo. The Dembele bit is worth a read alone:

Pochettino’s expectation management should not be mistaken for a lack of faith. He was still convinced that he would turn Ndombele into the player Spurs needed, just as he had done with so many of his Tottenham charges in the past.

But a few weeks later Pochettino was sacked, providing the first and possibly most important crossroads of Ndombele’s Spurs career. There is still a feeling among those close to the situation that had Pochettino stayed, things could have been very different.

Take Ndombele’s supposed predecessor Mousa Dembele, for example. Looking at his career as a whole, the few years he excelled under Pochettino are the outliers in an otherwise fairly mediocre body of work. Dembele was often perceived as lazy behind the scenes, too, but it didn’t matter because he excelled in Pochettino’s system. The supposed lack of effort became an endearing quirk rather than a stick to beat him with, and that might have happened for Ndombele.

We all rightly get on Ndombele's back because he turned out to be the laziest fuck in the club's history. But you only have to go back to circa page 40 of this thread as proof of the excitement surrounding his appointment. Very few folk were cautious and at best saying we overpaid. Most were very excited because he looked good. I personally came across not one Nostradamus among the Spurs fans I know.

We get players in and hope they work out. Has and will always be the case.

Now Levy has a recruitment team in place who understand the importance of psychological profiling (Ange best of all thank god), but it could be argued that he had to go through this fiscally traumatic experience to achieve it. Not a dig on Levy before any defender's teeth are bared; I do understand that this was a learning experience and mistakes were made all round. But simply saying "Poch pick" is ... well, a bit simple.

Dembele was better.
I don't think he was offensively. Dembele was better at keeping it. But no way could he use it to hurt a player better than tubby. Its close but the variety of attacking tricky, drag backs, ridiculous pirouette turns. Think for ball manipulation tubby has more. It obviously goes without saying( so saying if for the brittle) he's a fraction of the footballer/ man that Moussa was. But the article Nuts Nuts post also highlights a curious revisionism around Dembele where he has become this infallible titan. That's not what happened, he took sometime then hit his groove in a peak Poch team surrounded by talent.

I always laugh at the phrase “Stealing”.

It’s a contract. Nobody put a gun to the Spurs management’s head and told him to offer that.

N’Dombele flopping hasn’t affected the club critically financially . In the midst of his contract they’ve sacked 3 managers, spent more money than we ever have on transfers, (including £150mil on 6 first team midfielders) , expanded the club commercially. In the grand scheme of things it’s a small L the club is taking.

Your government steals more from you in a day than any underperforming pro sportsman could ever wish to do.
Don’t give a fuck. He’s stealing a living when he can’t even get above a jog and piling on pounds. If you want to laugh at the phrase stealing then fire away. If you went on to your job and never applied yourself and done it half hearted do you think your boss would accept it. If you are your own boss and your employee who you pay fucks about would you be happy. Not a chance
In this game the bare fucking minimum is effort and dedication. You might not play well and have spells off form but you’d work hard. He’s getting found out at every team he goes to and I can’t wait for him to get to fuck one way or the other.
In saying that he’s got ridiculous talent and couldn’t be a top top player.

I don't think he was offensively. Dembele was better at keeping it. But no way could he use it to hurt a player better than tubby. Its close but the variety of attacking tricky, drag backs, ridiculous pirouette turns. Think for ball manipulation tubby has more. It obviously goes without saying( so saying if for the brittle) he's a fraction of the footballer/ man that Moussa was. But the article Nuts Nuts post also highlights a curious revisionism around Dembele where he has become this infallible titan. That's not what happened, he took sometime then hit his groove in a peak Poch team surrounded by talent.
Disagree on Dembele, I clocked him straight away - he was up there with Kane and Son. Ndom’s passing is superb, his slashed angled passes were something like guti did. If we had signed him a year earlier we would have won the CL and I think he would have settled

In fairness we had Steve Hitchen as the main guy so had we spent a load during the Poch period it probably would have been spent on crap.

For a club that was so frugal for so long I never understood why we didn't build a better scouting operation like we have now, it saves big money as you can buy both better and cheaper.

In fairness we had Steve Hitchen as the main guy so had we spent a load during the Poch period it probably would have been spent on crap.

For a club that was so frugal for so long I never understood why we didn't build a better scouting operation like we have now, it saves big money as you can buy both better and cheaper.
Where is that cunt now? Absolute fraud, looks like a referee and acted like one too

Baldy baldy cunt

Back
Top Bottom