Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well worth a read:

@TacticalRole

The 22 year old French midfield dynamo burst onto the scene last season with his performances for Lyon. Now set to sign for Tottenham Hotspur for a fee of around £65m let’s look at why the London club has paid so much for his services.

He made 22 starting appearances as a central midfielder for Lyon as well as 16 appearances as a defensibe midfielder. Ndombele covers the entire midfield essentially with supreme versatility.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TacticalRole/status/1146077899574980609/photo/1
Ndombele has an extremely high work-rate and contributes to each phase of play - defensive, transitional and offensive.

In terms of his passing, the midfield averaged 53.5 passes per game completing ag 89%. He also had 1.2 key passes per game along with 7 assists. A vital characteristic of his passing is that most of his passes go forwards rather than sideways or backwards.

Ndombele is extremely strong in his defensive aspects too. He averaged one intercept per game along with 2 tackles. He also only committed one foul per game.

Offensively, he scored 3 times and assisted a further 7 times in total. Ndombele took 0.9 shots per game and had 2 dribbles per game. Decent figures.

If he was to be compared to any midfielders, strong comparisons can be made to Michael Essien. Both very strong well rounded midfielders capable of dominating the midfield.

Overall, the midfielder is already at an elite level at just 22 years of and could quickly become a superstar while playing in North London with his his all-round capabilities. He looks to win the ball back and quickly transition his side into
offense.

Tactically, he is likely to form a midfield combination with Eric Dier at the central midfield position with Christian Eriksen or another attacking midfielder playing in front. Ndombele is likely to occupy a box-to-box role for Mauricio Pochettino.

In conclusion, Ndombele is a world-class signing that Spurs fans have been waiting years for. There’s big reason to be excited for the upcoming season at Tottenham with the club having one of the strongest sides they’ve ever had in 2019/20.

Last edited:
Well worth a read:

@TacticalRole

The 22 year old French midfield dynamo burst onto the scene last season with his performances for Lyon. Now set to sign for Tottenham Hotspur for a fee of around £65m let’s look at why the London club has paid so much for his services.

He made 22 starting appearances as a central midfielder for Lyon as well as 16 appearances as a defensibe midfielder. Ndombele covers the entire midfield essentially with supreme versatility.

Ndombele has an extremely high work-rate and contributes to each phase of play - defensive, transitional and offensive.

In terms of his passing, the midfield averaged 53.5 passes per game completing ag 89%. He also had 1.2 key passes per game along with 7 assists. A vital characteristic of his passing is that most of his passes go forwards rather than sideways or backwards.

Ndombele is extremely strong in his defensive aspects too. He averaged one intercept per game along with 2 tackles. He also only committed one foul per game.

Offensively, he scored 3 times and assisted a further 7 times in total. Ndombele took 0.9 shots per game and had 2 dribbles per game. Decent figures.

If he was to be compared to any midfielders, strong comparisons can be made to Michael Essien. Both very strong well rounded midfielders capable of dominating the midfield.

Overall, the midfielder is already at an elite level at just 22 years of and could quickly become a superstar while playing in North London with his his all-round capabilities. He looks to win the ball back and quickly transition his side into
offense.

Tactically, he is likely to form a midfield combination with Eric Dier at the central midfield position with Christian Eriksen or another attacking midfielder playing in front. Ndombele is likely to occupy a box-to-box role for Mauricio Pochettino.

In conclusion, Ndombele is a world-class signing that Spurs fans have been waiting years for. There’s big reason to be excited for the upcoming season at Tottenham with the club having one of the strongest sides they’ve ever had in 2019/20.

Blakey will be creaming himself

:harryhmm:

Well worth a read:

@TacticalRole

offense.

Happy to have a midfielder that is being compared to peak Essien.

Couldn't think of a better, young midfielder to sign this summer than Ndombele, probably Frenkie de Jong would've made me equally happy, but he was always going to Barca anyway.

Couldn't think of a better, young midfielder to sign this summer than Ndombele, probably Frenkie de Jong would've made me equally happy, but he was always going to Barca anyway.

Frenkie De Jong was my ultimate signing, I'd have absolutely loved him. Tanguy is someone that was first spoken of on this forum maybe a year and a halfway ago and there was an instant desire from a few if I recall to see him come in. It's fantastic we have made this happen not just to get the monkey off of our back but to show we back Poch, to show how important making the final was, to keep momentum going and to utilise our reputation whilst our stock is and should stay high.

I think Tanguy will be a proper signing. 22 years of age he's younger than Dele Alli and Davinson Sanchez. Incredible deal

After getting one funny in the transfer thread I might as well share it here too..

A chant I came up with. After the tune of „In the Jungle..“:

🎼Mighty Tottenham, the Mighty Tottenham finally got their man. Out went Mousa and in came Tanguy and now we‘ll rise again. Taaaaaanguy, oooo-oooh, Tanguy Ndombélé!
Ndombélé, Ndombélé, Ndombélé, Ndombélé, Ndombélé, oooo-oooh N-dom-béléééé 🎼

Could use the Logical Song by Supertramp for our boy Tanguy:

Oh NDombele, yes he is so wonderful
A miracle
Oh he's beautiful, magical
Tottenham's midfield king, and he's as fast as lightning
It's frightening
And he makes all the boys sing
Do do do do dodo, do do dodo do dododo

Inspiration was Celtic's excellent version for Scotty Sinclair: video here

I think I'd still give that nod to Eriksen, just because that was daylight robbery, but in terms of marking a break between old Spurs clawing their way back to this level, and new Spurs flexing the muscle of a club at this level, you're probably right.
Didn't know he was that good when we sigbed him. In fact I was more excited with Lamela. Of course I was so wrong.

For premier league era, my most exciting signing has to be Edgar Davids.

Back
Top Bottom