Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But Pogba is pony; and can't even consistently get in the United side because he is a liability on the pitch! I get the comparison. Doesn't do enough to be trusted in defence, doesn't create enough to build attacks.

Eriksen didn't need to be 'dominating'. He need to pass the ball to our strikers to set up goals - of which he was the best at for 4 seasons on the trot in the EPL.
Eriksen to sub Ndombélé around 70mn yeah :)

I enjoy watching Ndombele more than latter stage Eriksen. Actually, early and latter stage, It was in the middle period where Eriksen looked good.

When Ndombele is on the ball he's brilliant to watch. You know most of the time he's going to dance his way out of trouble and into space. Or get put on his arse and get a free kick.
I've no doubt if he could play 90 mintues we would have won on Sunday

Since Ndombele has been playing as a number 10; does anything think he will ever be as productive as Eriksen?

Or can he be coached to be as good as Dembele?

If not, should be changing formation and tactics to suit him ? If so, what is his 'best' position?

Ndombele is not a 10, just lacks focus and afraid of hard work, harry kane today, is the result of hard work, meshed with his craft.

Deschamp's wwon't play him as a 10, even in a pep team, Ndombele, would be their david silva, also if pep stops faffing about, bernado silva, would be the natural successor to david silva with foden as his understudy, after he finds a proper replacement for fernandinho.

Not worth the hassle, Ndombele needs to buck up his ideas,if he was up to the task and played alongside PEH, with ali, kane or le celso in front, we would look at different opposition.
Hence hoof ball, as we have no playmaker.

No, he does not have enough credit in the bank [i.e. bruno fernandes], he's a playmaker in the mould of dembele, ballack,xabi alonso,pirlo,david silva, but with more guile than some.

Ndombele is not a 10, just lacks focus and afraid of hard work, harry kane today, is the result of hard work, meshed with his craft.

Deschamp's wwon't play him as a 10, even in a pep team, Ndombele, would be their david silva, also if pep stops faffing about, bernado silva, would be the natural successor to david silva with foden as his understudy, after he finds a proper replacement for fernandinho.

Not worth the hassle, Ndombele needs to buck up his ideas,if he was up to the task and played alongside PEH, with ali, kane or le celso in front, we would look at different opposition.
Hence hoof ball, as we have no playmaker.

No, he does not have enough credit in the bank [i.e. bruno fernandes], he's a playmaker in the mould of dembele, ballack,xabi alonso,pirlo,david silva, but with more guile than some.
Don't compare us with Man city please , they have no limit to buy anyone ..
About Deschamps , we don't know his 25 for the Euro , it was a Griezmann dependance until now but he is so bad with FC Barça .. I am not sur he need a 10 with Griezmann who can turn around Giroud .
Rabiot , Pogba , Sissoko , Camavinga , Ndombele , Kanté , Tolisso , Aouar and Soumaré . It will be very hard for deschamps .

Last edited:
Don't compare us with Man city please , they have no limit to buy anyone ..
About Deschamps , we don't know his 25 for the Euro , it was a Griezmann dependance until now but he is so bad with FC Barça .. I am not sur he need a 10 with Griezmann who can turn around Giroud .
Rabiot , Pogba , Sissoko , Camavinga , Ndombele , Kanté , Tolisso , Aouar and Samaré . It will be very hard for deschamps .
Hard yes, but on curent form, Tolisso,Aouar, could play in a two, with a third being any one of the ones you mentioned, Tolisso as kante's succesor.

Money aside, i am talking about organizing the team and creating balance.

Grezimann is being shafted, being asked to play on the wing.

EqaIv1GWMAEe0Pw

The Corona virus fucked his pre season :(

I think a mixture of his style of play, gait, explosiveness and constant pressing means that if he were to play a full 90 minutes, he's capable, but his final 30 or so minutes wouldn't be AS effective. So Mourinho is just managing that throughout the season so that we can have constantly see Ndombele each week instead of him risking injury or further fatigue.

The amount of energy he must drain from engaging contact all game must be pretty high. Higher than anyone else in our team really.

The Leeds game will be quite a sight to see. They are arguably the best pressing team in the league, especially early in games. And their intensity is really up there.

The 2 most exciting bits of the game were provided by Ndombele. The goal and him bursting through and setting up Regulion for an excellent goal opportunity. Those moaning about the style of play must appreciate those 2 moments.

The 2 most exciting bits of the game were provided by Ndombele. The goal and him bursting through and setting up Regulion for an excellent goal opportunity. Those moaning about the style of play must appreciate those 2 moments.
His pass in the box with his left foot was a Gift ...
and about Kane , why he didn't scream "HE TANGUY HERE" it was a 4v2 , fucking bad communication.

that's why he is so special :sonpoint: but he will be perfect soon , he just need another baller to lead the attack. Imagine if he was with Leceister when Kanté and Marhez were there ..
I like Ranieri, he is very kind in his approach .

Last edited:

There were 2 other exciting moments too.

Lovely skill and left foot cross in the box which was headed wide and the 40 yard run he made seconds before he got subbed off where the pass was just slightly too short to Son.

I wanted Bissouma before we bought Tanguy. I'm happy with Tanguy but if we found a way to add Bissouma as well, I'd be very happy.

Yeah, Bissouma was my choice 3 or so years ago (just before Ndombele made his name at Lyon) - and was surprised Brighton got him.

Hes too good for that lot.

Back
Top Bottom